Certificate and master's degree programs are available across the U.S. in biotechnology management, rather than biotechnical management. These programs incorporate coursework in the sciences with courses in management and product development.
Schools With Biotechnology Programs
Below is a list of schools that offer degrees and certificates in biotechnology:
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered||Tuition (2015-2016)*|
|American University||Washington, DC||4-year, Private not-for-profit||Master's||$27,468|
|Ball State University||Muncie, IN||4-year, Public||Certificate||In-state: $9,498; Out-of-state: $25,016|
|Boston University||Boston, MA||4-year, Private not-for-profit||Undergraduate Certificate||$48,436|
|Brigham Young University - Provo||Provo, UT||4-year, Private not-for-profit||Master's||$6,500|
|Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore, MD||4-year, Private not-for-profit||Master's||$48,710|
|Rutgers University - New Brunswick||New Brunswick, NJ||4-year, Public||Master's||In-state: $16,272; Out-of-state: $27,648|
|University of Houston||Houston, TX||4-year, Public||Master's||In-state: $6,372; Out-of-state: $13,788|
|University of Illinois at Chicago||Chicago, IL||4-year, Public||Master's||In-state: $13,447; Out-of-state: $22,306|
|University of Nevada - Reno||Reno, NV||4-year, Public||Bachelor's and Master's||In-state (undergraduate): $6,902; Out-of-state (undergraduate): $20,812; In-state (Graduate): $4,752; Out-of-state (Graduate): $18,662|
Source:*National Center for Education Statistics
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biotechnology Lab Technician
- Science Technologies
School Selection Criteria
Further considerations for students interested in applying to biotechnology programs:
- Many degree programs in biotechnology offer management as a specialization.
- Certificate programs are shorter in length than master's degree programs - some can be completed in one semester.
- Internship opportunities offered for academic credit may appeal to students interested in gaining experience in their selected field, whether that's research, development, or managerial tasks such as organization and policy.
- Working professionals enrolling in certificate or master's degree programs in order to expand their credentials may be interested in distance education options offered through online courses.
Certificate programs in biotechnology management can be completed in one or more semesters and typically require a bachelor's degree for enrollment. Internships may be optional.
Master's degree programs in biotechnology management typically take two years to complete and require a bachelor's degree as a prerequisite. Internships, a capstone experience and laboratory practices are usually required for completion. Some schools offer dual degree programs with a Master of Business Administration.
Individuals will have no problem finding biotechnology management programs at universities and colleges across the country. Biotechnology programs are commonly found at the certificate and master's degree level, where students can specialize in management as part of a broader program in biotechnology.