South Dakota has over thirty schools to choose from, giving prospective students a variety of options for their educational needs. Learn about your options in this state using data gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), including which schools are located near large cities, which have the largest student bodies, lowest net price, and highest graduation rates.
South Dakota Schools Near Large Cities
Many of South Dakota's schools are located in cities, giving you a variety of options for where you'd most like to attend. These schools include private, public, and community colleges of varying sizes.
- Augustana University (Sioux Falls)
- Globe University - Sioux Falls (Sioux Falls)
- Kilian Community College (Sioux Falls)
- University of Sioux Falls (Sioux Falls)
- Oglala Lakota College (Kyle)
Largest Schools in South Dakota
Whether you prefer a large or small student body, South Dakota's schools have something to offer. The state's largest schools are public universities featuring many different degree and certificate levels.
- South Dakota State University (12,576 undergraduates)
- University of South Dakota (9,971 undergraduates)
- Black Hills State University (4,395 undergraduates)
- Northern State University (3,449 undergraduates)
- Dakota State University (3,145 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Price is often a deciding factor for students looking for schools. The NCES calculates net price based on full-time, in-state undergraduate students in the 2014 to 2015 school year, giving you an idea of what prices you can expect from colleges in South Dakota.
- Oglala Lakota College ($2,775)
- Sisseton Wahpeton College ($8,671)
- Sinte Gleska University ($13,911)
- Dakota State University ($13,953)
- Black Hills State University ($14,091)
Highest Graduation Rate
South Dakota's schools with the highest graduation rates offer a variety of programs and degree options in both town and city settings. The NCES calculates a school's graduation rate based 150% of the time it takes full-time undergrads to complete their program with data gathered from the 2014 to 2015 school year.
- Augustana University (75%)
- University of Souix Falls (55%)
- South Dakota State University (54%)
- University of South Dakota (52%)
- Mount Marty College (47%)
Whether you prioritize size, location, graduation rate, or net price, South Dakota has many possible schools to satisfy your needs.