Get Supplies and Save Money
The cost of back to school supplies can really add up. Save your cash with these free and reduced fee resources:
- Top 10 Ways for College Students to Save Money - A list of 10 ideas and 30 resources to help you save money on everything from textbooks to housing.
- Student Market - Online marketplace for students--features all sorts of brand name products at low prices.
- Zoho - More than 20 free applications that can do everything Microsoft products do and then some.
- BuyCheapSoftware.com - Low-priced computer software and hardware.
- Flashcard Exchange - Create and print your own flashcards through this free service.
Textbooks and Required Reading
- Free Unabridged Books Online - 40 of the best places to find free unabridged books online.
- Textbook Revolution - A great source for free education materials.
- Swap Textbooks - Use this textbook exchange service to trade textbooks with other students.
- AllBookstores.com - Compare prices at more than two dozen bookstores to find the best deals on the books you need.
- Alibris - Save up to 90 percent on new and used textbooks--80 million titles to choose from.
Free Web Apps
- Backpack - Free web app that allows you to create class schedules, to-do lists and much more.
- College Ruled - University student resource with multiple scheduling and organizational tools.
- Notecentric - A great place to create, store and share lecture notes.
- The Awesome Highlighter - Highlight text on any web page with this free web app.
- EasyBib - Dependable web app designed to help students create a works cited page.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Sometime saving money isn't enough. You also need to make money to stay afloat in college. Here are ten resources that offer money-making opportunities for college students.
Jobs and Internships
- InternWeb - Use this free search engine and job board to find internships.
- MonsterTrak - Search for entry level jobs and internships on Monster.
- Indeed - Search Indeed to find co-op jobs that will help you earn money and academic credits.
- Net Temps - Post your resume and find staffing agencies willing to work with you.
- Bid on Jobs - Post your resume and bid on jobs.
Other Ways to Make Money
- 970 Business Ideas - A listing of 970 business you can start today from Entrepreneur.com.
- Pay Per Post - Get paid to blog about businesses, websites, products and services.
- Ebay Trainer - Learn how to sell your old stuff on ebay.
- Tutor.com - Get paid to become an online tutor at Tutor.com.
- Blood Banker - Find out where you can donate blood and plasma for money.
Prepare to Succeed
Worried about making the transition from summer clacker to student? Get in the groove early with these other back to school resources:
Going Back to School
- Tracks Life - Get organized right away with this free app that can track almost anything.
- Group Vine - Get your campus organization or study group on the same page with this free web app.
- Campusbug - Make new friends and build your social network on Campusbug.com.
- Gradefix - Keep on top of your studies with this web-based homework management system.
- Student Loan Calculator - Keep track of your student loan debt with this student loan calculator from College Board.
- Breeze Through College - 20 proven tips and tricks to help you get the best grades possible.
- GPA Calculator - Calculate your current and cumulative GPA with this easy-to-use online calculator.
- Hassle Me - Free web service that will send you nagging emails and IMs--a great way to stay on track.
- SparkNotes - Free online study guides, charts and much more from SparkNotes.
- Life Tango - Set and track academic goals.