These top-rated schools offer online business programs. Programs are available at the undergraduate and graduate degree levels.
Online business programs usually include some on-campus requirements. Many programs are geared toward professionals who have previous business training or work experience and are looking to continue their employment while earning an advanced degree. Indiana University - Bloomington, Boston University and Arizona State University (ASU) have earned accolades from publications such as U.S. News & World Report and accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) for their business schools. Each university offers online master's degree programs in business. Online dual degree options are also available.
Indiana University - Bloomington, IN
|School Highlight: IU offers dual MBA/MS degree programs that allow students to obtain their MBA and add an MS degree in business analytics, finance, marketing or another master's area in as little as 63 credit hours.|
Indiana University is a public research institution. The university's Kelley School of Business tied at 22nd among the best national graduate business schools as ranked by U.S. News & World Report in 2017. In the same year, the magazine also ranked the university itself tied at 86th among the best national universities.
The Kelley School of Business offers various graduate-level distance-learning programs, including several Master of Science (MS) programs in areas such as finance and strategic management as well as a Master of Business Administration (MBA). The MBA program can be completed in as little as two years, and the MS programs can be completed in just over one year. Students take online courses and participate in one or two 1-week, in-residence sessions in Bloomington.
Arizona State University - Phoenix, AZ
|School Highlight: The W.P. Carey Online MBA program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).|
In 2017, U.S. News & World Report ranked ASU's W. P. Carey School of Business tied at 35th among the best graduate business schools in the nation. Among the business school's offerings is an online MBA program. Students may choose an emphasis in marketing, finance, supply chain management or international business. Dual degree programs allow for completion of an MBA as well electrical engineering, industrial engineering and legal studies degrees through distance learning. MBA programs require an on-campus orientation session to meet students, faculty and staff.
Boston University - Boston, MA
|School Highlight: Online MS programs in management are available in six areas of specialization, including banking and financial services management, international marketing management and business continuity, security and risk management; business-related graduate certificates also offered online.|
Boston University's Questrom School of Business was tied at 41st among the best business schools in the country, according to U.S. News & World Report. The school was also tied at 39th in national universities. Online courses are taught by the same faculty who teach on campus.
Top Business Schools with Online Degree Programs
Other schools that offer online degrees in business include:
- Located in New York, NY, CUNY Graduate School and University Center has a Bachelor of Science (BS) program in business and an MS program in business management and leadership available online.
- Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL has online graduate study in business available through a general MBA, real estate MBA, hospitality and tourism management MBA and MS program in management information systems or risk management and insurance.
- Northeastern University in Boston, MA has more than a dozen online programs related to business offered, including bachelor's and master's degrees and undergraduate and graduate certificates.
- Southern New Hampshire University in Hooksett, NH has a wide variety of business-related associate's and bachelor's degree programs offered online; online graduate offerings include MBA and international MBA programs with several possible specializations.
- University of Baltimore in Baltimore, MD has a BS in Business Administration degree completion program and an MBA program available online.
- University of Florida in Gainesville, FL offers an online BS program in business administration that focuses on general business fundamentals.
- University of Maryland - University College in Adelphi, MD has 44 online business programs available, including bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees, business minors and undergraduate or graduate certificates.
These schools offer many different options for business programs for students to consider when choosing a program. These include specializations and degree levels.