School and Ranking Information
At least six schools in the Las Vegas area have programs related to business. Three of the schools separate themselves from the rest because of their programs. Based on rankings, graduation rates, and program availability, these top schools separate into the following order:
- Winner : University of Nevada - Las Vegas (UNLV) is a 4-year public school. It has one of the top 200 undergraduate business programs in the country. The school offers bachelor's and master's degrees related to business.
- Runner Up #1 : Nevada State College is a 4-year public school as well. It features a slightly less expensive tuition than UNLV. However, the school does not have a graduate business program and focuses exclusively on business bachelor's degrees.
- Runner Up #2 : College of Southern Nevada is also a 4-year public institution but it has the lowest graduation rate of the three. At the same time, the school offers an associate degree related to business at a more affordable rate than the previous schools.
School Comparison Chart
|Category||University of Nevada - Las Vegas||Nevada State College||College of Southern Nevada|
|Ranking(s)|| 199th for Best Undergraduate Business Program,
79th for part-time MBA Program*
|Location||Las Vegas, NV||Henderson, NV (21.2 miles from downtown Las Vegas||Las Vegas, NV|
|School Type||4-year; public||4-year; public||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2012-13)||$6,705 (in-state, undergraduate); $20,615 (out-of-state, undergraduate); $5,500 (in-state, graduate); $19,410 (out-of-state; graduate)**||$4,498 (in-state); $14,773 (out-of-state)**||$2,700 (in-state); $9,345 (out-of-state)**|
|Business Degree Program Offered||Bachelor's and master's degrees||Bachelor's degrees||Associate's degree|
|Business Degrees Awarded (All Levels) in 2011-12||1,477**||31**||416**|
|Most Popular Business Program (2011-12)||Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Administration/Management (492 degrees awarded)**||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (25 degrees awarded)**||Associate of Science in General Business Administration and Management (289 degrees awarded)**|
|2005 Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time)||39%**||22%**||11%**|
|Noteworthy||Local and international student ambassadorships||Bachelor of Applied Science in Management degree program available only to student with an AAS degree||One of the largest providers of business education in Nevada|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- Business Management and Operations
- Business Marketing
- Business Support and Administrative Services
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information System Management
- International Business
- Sales and Merchandising
- Specialized Sales
Winner: University of Nevada - Las Vegas
- 30% of UNLV students graduated from business program in 2011-12
- 85 business faculty members from around the world
- Nine undergraduate business programs, five master's programs
The Lee Business School at the University of Nevada - Las Vegas offers 14 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, attracting about 4,500 students to its programs in 2013. Degree majors include accounting, real estate, finance, management, economics, entrepreneurship and management information systems. There is also an Executive Master of Business Administration program. The school's 85 faculty members bring hail from around the world. The business school is home to several centers that allow students to interact with industry and business leaders, and the school has an active alumni chapter and business network. There is also a customized local and international mentorship/ambassador program.
Runner-Up #1: Nevada State College
- 11% of 2011 class graduated with business degrees
- Business school's Finance Lab simulates real-time stock market experience
- Emphasis on student success and unique learning experiences
Nevada State College's Business Administration Department offers two business degree programs that combine classroom instruction with real-world projects and experiences. Students also gain practical knowledge and learn critical thinking skills. The department's Bachelor of Applied Science in Management is designed for students who have an associate of applied science degree. Facilities include a Finance Lab that simulates real stock market exchange and 40 computer workstations.
Runner-Up #2: College of Southern Nevada
- 20% of graduates in 2011-12 earned a business degree major
- 55 business faculty teach about 4,000 students per year
- Associate of Business program available for students transferring to a 4-year program
The college's Department of Business Administration offers associate's degree programs with majors in business/management, human resource management, paralegal studies, small business management and real estate. Students learn up-to-date business practices, as well as how to lead employees and manage projects. The department's goal is to provide the best business education possible through small class sizes, multiple delivery methods and quality programs taught by outstanding faculty.