School and Ranking Info
There are 12 colleges and universities in Indianapolis, IN, that offer programs in business administration; seven of them are for-profit institutions. Among the four private, not-for-profit universities is a high-ranking regional school in the Midwest that offers a graduate program in business administration, as well as the chance to interact with local executives.
- Winner: Butler University is a small suburban school with an accredited college of business. Students here can pursue a specialized undergraduate program in business, which can serve as preparation for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
School Info Chart
|Rankings||#2 among Regional Universities in the Midwest (2015);
#3 among Up-and-Coming Schools in the Midwest (2015); #14 among Best Value Schools in the Midwest (2015);
#72 among Part-Time MBA Programs (2014);
#133 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014)*
|School Type||4-year; private, not-for-profit|
|Tuition and Fees (2013-2014)|| Undergraduate: $34,368**
|Business Administration Degrees Offered||Master's|
|Business Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||46**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||74%**|
|Noteworthy||The College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
- Graduate business courses are taught by full-time faculty, sometimes in concert with an executive
- Experiential Gateway Experience provides students the chance to work with executives
- Center for Global Education offers opportunities to study abroad
- Butler Business Accelerator, a consulting firm managed by the college
Butler University has an annual enrollment of approximately 4,830 students and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs through six colleges, including the College of Business. In addition to the U.S. News & World Report rankings, the university's College of Business has previously received high marks from Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and The Princeton Review. Undergraduates can earn a Bachelor of Science in Business in one of nine areas, including entrepreneurship, finance, international business and marketing; some specializations are available as a minor. Along with the MBA, the college offers a Master of Professional Accounting.
Graduate students enrolled in the MBA program can pursue one of five areas of concentration, including entrepreneurship, finance, international business, leadership and marketing. This flexible course of study can be completed in two years and allows for accelerated, evening and weekend classes. As a prerequisite, graduate students must be proficient in six business-related areas; a passing score on an exam may serve as a substitute for an actual class. Core coursework includes 30 credits in financial, information and marketing management; business law and ethics; leadership and managerial accounting. Students also complete eight credits in their area of concentration, a business practicum and a capstone experience.