School and Ranking Information
Three schools within ten miles of Orlando, FL, offer certificate and degree programs covering topics in multimedia or graphic design. Two of these schools are for-profit institutions. Based on distinction, school type and number of degrees and certificates awarded in the field of study, the following college is considered the top school in Orlando for multimedia and graphic design studies:
- Winner: Valencia College is the only public institution in Orlando that provides programs in or relating to multimedia and graphic design. Students can pursue various technical certificates in such areas as graphics-interactive design, graphic design production or support, or digital media production or development. Associate's degree programs are offered in digital media technology and graphic and interactive design.
School Info Chart
|Distinction||Winner of 2011 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence*|
|School Type||4-year, primarily associate's, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $2,378 (in-state); $9,005 (out-of-state)**|
|Multimedia and Graphic Design Programs Offered||Certificate and associate's degree|
|Multimedia and Graphic Design Certificates and Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||179**|
|Most Popular Multimedia and Graphic Design Level in 2012-2013||Certificate (143 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||40%**|
|Noteworthy||One of the largest community colleges in the U.S.***; awards more 2-year degrees than any other community college in the U.S.***|
Sources: *The Aspen Institute; **NCES College Navigator; ***Valencia College
Find schools that offer these popular programs
Valencia Community College
- Multimedia and graphic design programs combine instruction with hands-on projects and portfolio development
- Internship opportunities offered
- Arts and Entertainment Department offers 12 technical certificates related to digital media and graphic design
- Classes are offered during the day and evening, on weekends and online; compressed schedules are also available
Valencia Community College was established in 1967 and became Valencia College when it began awarding bachelor's degrees in 2010. The Arts and Entertainment Department offers Associate in Science degrees in entertainment, film production, sound and music technology, digital media and graphics technology. Various technical certificates in digital media and graphics technology and design are also offered.
The 64-credit Associate in Science in Graphic and Interactive Design program offers specializations in graphic design and interactive design. Students in the graphic design specialization study drawing, graphic design, art history and visual arts. In the interactive design specialization, students learn computer animation, image editing, Web page design and cascading style sheet (CSS) design.
The Associate in Science in Digital Media Technology is a 64-credit program with specializations available in live event video production, mobile journalism, Web development, and video and motion graphics. Coursework for this program is dependent upon the specialization chosen. Students interested in digital media can also choose from 12-24 credit technical certificate programs in areas such as digital media development and digital-webcast media.