School and Ranking Information
There are several schools offering business administration degrees found in the Milwaukee area. The following schools are considered the top three based on rankings, degree levels offered and number of degrees awarded in the field:
- Winner: Marquette University, located in Milwaukee, is the top pick for its numerous national rankings from U.S. News & World Report in 2020, graduation rate and location.
- Runner Up #1: University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee is the first runner up for its vast quantity of awarded degrees in the field and for its tuition rates.
- Runner Up #2: Carroll University, found in Waukesha, takes third place for its program level options in the field and top-70 regional ranking from U.S. News & World Report in 2020.
School Comparison Chart
|Category||Marquette University||University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee||Carroll University|
|2020 Ranking(s)*||12th among undergraduate real estate business programs, national
52nd among part-time MBA programs, national (2021)
84th among national universities
|97th among part-time MBA programs, national||66th among Midwestern universities, regional|
|Location||Milwaukee, WI||Milwaukee, WI||Waukesha, WI (16 miles from Milwaukee)|
|School Type||4-year, private not-for-profit||4-year, public||4-year, private not-for-profit|
|Tuition & Fees (2019-2020)**||$43,936 (undergraduate),
|$9,526 (undergraduate, in-state),
$21,168 (undergraduate, out-of-state),
$12,050 (graduate, in-state),
$25,282 (graduate, out-of-state)
|Business Administration Degree Levels Offered||Bachelor's and master's degrees||Bachelor's and master's degrees||Bachelor's and master's degrees|
|Business Administration Degrees Awarded (All Levels) in 2018-2019**||107||215||43|
|Most Popular Business Administration Program (2018-2019)**||Master's degree in business administration (101 awarded)||Master's degree in business administration - general (119 awarded)||Bachelor's degree in business administration (23 awarded)|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal time) for 2013 Entering Class**||82%||44%||67%|
|Noteworthy||Study abroad opportunities of varying length are available in 18 countries for undergraduates and four countries for graduate students||A dual MBA/M.S. in Management Information Systems is available||Optional mentoring program with school alumni|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator.
Winner: Marquette University
- Executive MBA candidates participate in an international business study trip
- The College of Business Administration features 16 student organizations and societies
The AACSB-accredited College of Business Administration has an undergraduate business degree with ten different majors. Undergraduate students can complete an internship for up to three credit hours. The Graduate School of Management provides two options for a Master of Business Administration (MBA): a mostly online, 17-month executive MBA program, and an MBA program with seven specializations which offers courses at night and on weekends. Business students are encouraged to incorporate community service into their studies and participate in the college's business plan competition. Facilities include the Business Career Center, which offers job skill development services for graduate students and alumni.
Runner-Up #1: University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Accredited by AACSB International
- Lubar alumni can pay for a career placement system that offers job postings and career-enhancing opportunities
- Teaching assistantships are available with benefits, such as decreased tuition, monetary compensation, and access to health insurance
The Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business offers an undergraduate business administration degree with six majors. Undergraduates who show academic promise can join the business honors program to take advantage of small classes with less than 30 students. The MBA program is offered in two formats: one that is cohort-based with a set schedule and another that has a more personalized, flexible schedule. Master's-program students may elect to specialize in healthcare management or supply chain management, but a specialization is not required. Executive MBA candidates are required to participate in an international study trip. Career services that are available include online posting for resumes, interviews conducted on campus, university-wide career fairs, job boards, workshops to improve resumes, and interviews.
Runner-Up #2: Carroll University
- Carroll University is Wisconsin's oldest university, per the school's website
- In 2011-2012, MBAs accounted for 30% of all master's degrees earned at the university, per the NCES
- The Center for Graduate Studies is outfitted with multi-purpose spaces and the latest technology
Undergraduate business students may select from five majors, and the MBA program features a general business focus without areas of concentration. Local and major companies, such as Merrill Lynch and Miller, have provided past internship opportunities; all undergraduate business majors must complete an internship. Undergraduate students who want to earn an MBA can work on a dual degree to be completed in 4.5 years. The business faculty is comprised of 11 full-time instructors and 37 adjunct instructors.