School and Ranking Information
E-commerce is not an available major in the Charlotte area, but at least three schools offer related degrees in management information systems or marketing. Based on rankings, number of programs offered, and student-to-faculty ratio, the following school was picked as the top institution in the area for e-commerce.
- Winner: The University of North Carolina Charlotte is a 4-year, public university located eight miles from downtown Charlotte, North Carolina. The Belk College of Business at the University of North Carolina Charlotte offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in management information systems or marketing for e-commerce students. Both UNC Charlotte as a whole and The Belk College of Business are nationally ranked.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of North Carolina - Charlotte|
|Rankings|| #201 in National Universities (2015),
#113 in Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014),
#117 in Top Public Schools (2015)*
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||Undergrad: $6,179 (in-state); $18,708 (out-of-state)*|
|Management Information Systems and Marketing Degrees Offered||Bachelor's|
|Management Information Systems and Marketing Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||146**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||54%**|
|Noteworthy||E-commerce and marketing internships are available with local organizations|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- UNC - Charlotte's Belk College of Business is one of the largest business schools in North Carolina
- Students can apply to participate in the Applied Technology Program, a 17-month paid internship program with Bank of America that gives students credit while they work
- The Student Center for Professional Development offers business students career advice, job search help, and workshops
Founded in 1946, the University of North Carolina (UNC) Charlotte is a research university located a few hours away from mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. UNC Charlotte offers seven colleges with more than 150 different degree programs to a student body greater than 27,000 students. UNC Charlotte's campus sits on 1,000 acres near North Carolina's largest city.
Students interested in pursuing a career in e-commerce can earn a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in marketing or management information systems. Both majors require completion of core coursework in accounting principles, business computing and economics. The management information systems concentration prepares students for a variety of leadership roles with an e-commerce business while also providing fundamental training in finance and marketing, including offering a course in eBusiness systems.
Marketing majors can take courses in internet marketing and analytics, social media marketing, consumer behavior and promotions to help prepare them for positions within an e-commerce business.