School and Ranking Info
There are 12 schools located in Kansas City, MO, that offer programs in marketing; eight of them operate on a for-profit basis. The smaller of the two public institutions is a 4-year university that was ranked by U.S. News & World Report for the quality of its business administration programs for 2014, which can include specialized coursework in marketing.
- Winner: The University of Missouri in Kansas City has a professionally accredited management school that offers Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Master of Business Administration programs (MBA). Both levels of study allow for an emphasis in marketing; individual program features include exposure to industry professionals, internships and study abroad.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Missouri - Kansas City|
|Rankings||#189 among National Universities (2015);
#106 among Top Public Schools (2015);
#133 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014);
#125 among Part-Time MBA Programs (2014)*
|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition and Fees (2013-2014)||Undergraduate: $9,456 (in-state); $22,203 (out-of-state)**|
|Business and Marketing Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's degrees|
|Business/General Commerce Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||347**|
|Most Popular Business/General Commerce Program in 2012-2013||Bachelor's (205 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||51%**|
|Noteworthy||The Henry W. Bloch School of Management has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Bloch School of Management offers for-credit study abroad opportunities
- MBA program is targeted towards working professionals and offers afternoon and evening classes
- University's Bloch Career Network assists with for-credit internships and job placements
- MBA Speaker Series, available on a for-credit or non-credit basis, connects students with alumni
The University of Missouri in Kansas City has an annual enrollment of about 15,700 students and a student-faculty ratio of 13:1. As designated by The Princeton Review, the university placed 159th among Midwestern schools for the 2014-2015 school year and was a 'Best Value College' for 2012-2014.
The requirements for the 123-credit Bachelor of Business Administration program with a marketing emphasis include a 36-credit business core and a 15-credit marketing sequence, including courses in consumer behavior, market analysis, retailing and sales strategies, among others. The MBA program also allows for an emphasis in marketing and includes 24 credits of core business courses, 15 credits in the concentration and a 3-credit capstone. Attendance at three or more Speaker Series events is mandatory; graduate students can also pursue for-credit independent studies, internships or practicums.