School and Ranking Information
In the Columbus area, the majority of the schools offering an advanced degree in business administration are private, non-profit schools, with only one public school offering the degree. Based on rankings, number of programs available, and post-graduation career prospects, the following school is the top pick for marketing MBA programs in the area.
- Winner: Ohio State University's Fisher College of Business in Columbus, Ohio, offers several options for individuals wishing to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA), including a concentration in marketing. Those enrolled in the marketing MBA program can also take advantage of extra-curricular marketing activities available at the university.
School Info Chart
|Category||Ohio State University|
|Rankings||#54 in National Universities (2015); #18 in Top Public Schools (2015); #27 in Best Graduate Business Schools (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||Graduate: $28,688 (in-state); $46,352 (out-of-state)*|
|Business Administration Degrees Offered||Master's (Bachelor's and Doctoral Degrees also available)|
|Business Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||287**|
|Most Popular Business Administration Degree Level in 2013||Master's**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||83%**|
|Noteworthy||The part-time MBA program is ranked #9 in the nation (2014)*|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Communications, General
- International Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
Ohio State University
- Students pursuing an MBA in Marketing may take advantage of related opportunities through the school, such as joining the Fisher Association of Marketing Professionals
- Students can enroll in several dual MBA programs, such as an MBA and a Master of Public Administration and an MBA with a Master of Health Administration
- MBA students have an opportunity to participate in the Global Applied Projects Program, which involves coursework specific to a global region and an international experience
With its main sprawling campus in the state's capital, Ohio State University has a rich history as a public, 4-year academic institution. Ohio State offers more than 170 undergraduate majors and 200 graduate degree options, and has a total enrollment of more than 57,000 students. The Fisher College of Business at Ohio State University is a top-rated business school offering a full range of undergraduate and graduate business degree programs. The college offers executive, part- time and full-time MBA programs in several fields, including marketing.
First-year MBA students complete business core courses such as managerial economics, cost accounting and organizational behavior before moving on to an area of specialization such as marketing. In the marketing specialization, required coursework includes advertising, promotion management and consumer behavior. Enrollees can customize their curriculum by taking courses in areas such as pricing strategy, global marketing, and customer management. College officials say graduates of this program have gone on to careers as senior advertising specialists, market research associates and brand managers.