School and Ranking Information
Medical services administration studies in and around Fort Worth, TX, are found mainly in public or private nonprofit and for-profit institutions. Many of these programs are in healthcare management, which might be offered as a standalone program or as an area of concentration in business administration programs. Based on ranking and student population, the following university is considered a top school in the Fort Worth area for medical services administration and related studies:
- Winner: The University of Texas at Dallas has the second-highest student population among all postsecondary institutions offering medical services administration programs within 50 miles of Fort Worth. Students can pursue programs in the discipline at the bachelor's and master's degree levels.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Texas at Dallas|
|Ranking||#145 (tie) Best National Universities (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $10,864 (in state); $26,038 (out-of-state)**|
|Medical Services Administration Programs Offered||Bachelor's and master's degrees and postgraduate certificate|
|Medical Services Administration Certificates and Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||68**|
|Most Popular Medical Services Administration Award in 2012-2013||Master's (59 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||63%**|
|Noteworthy||Master of Science(M.S.)/MBA Alliance program in healthcare management is the first program in the U.S. to partner a business and medical school to produce a graduate program designed specifically for physicians***|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report; **NCES College Navigator; ***University of Texas at Dallas
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Health Care Administration
- Health Information and Records Admin
- Health Information Technology
- Health Management and Clinical Administration
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Health Ward Supervisor
- Medical Administrative Assistant or Secretary
- Medical Claims Examiner
- Medical Facilities Management
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Medical Insurance Services
- Medical Office Computer Technologies
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Staff Services
- Medical Transcriptionist
University of Texas at Dallas
- Internship opportunities in healthcare management available
- Fast track B.S./M.S. or B.S./MBA options offered to healthcare management students
- Students can join the on-campus Healthcare Management Association, which offers meetings with healthcare professionals
The University of Texas at Dallas consists of seven schools offering 133 academic programs to more than 21,000 students annually. The Naveen Jindal School of Management offers healthcare management programs at the bachelor's and master's degree levels. It also has a postgraduate certificate in healthcare management for physicians. The school also partners with the university's Southwestern Medical Center to produce a master's degree program in healthcare management for physicians.
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management is a 120-credit program providing study in healthcare operations, marketing, information technology and planning strategies as well as hospital administration and healthcare human resources management. Open to both healthcare professionals and those new to the industry, the Master of Science in Healthcare Management program develops leadership and management skills tailored to the healthcare field. Participants get a strong foundation in business organization and finance. Law, economics, quality improvement, ethics and risk management are also considered as students explore management strategies for healthcare systems.
The Healthcare Leadership and Management for Physicians Certificate program is offered online. The program is designed for existing medical professionals seeking to enhance their leadership skills. Courses are taken in communications, change management, conflict management and clinical decision-making processes.
Further studies in this area is offered by the M.S./MBA Alliance program, which combines the Master of Science in Healthcare Management and the Healthcare Management Executive MBA. This graduate business education program for physicians addresses such topics as healthcare policy, healthcare information management, medical performance management and healthcare financial management. Business courses are taken in operations management, global business practices, economics and marketing management.