School and Ranking Information
While few schools with sales and marketing programs are located directly in Anaheim, CA, many colleges and universities within 15-20 miles of the city offer undergraduate and graduate programs in these subjects. The following schools are considered the top three based on rankings, levels of study and proximity to Anaheim:
- Winner: Chapman University, located just five miles from Anaheim, is the winner because of its high regional ranking and graduation rates, as well as its program accreditation. The university's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Master of Administration (MBA) programs offer sales and marketing coursework and areas of concentration.
- Runner Up #1: California State University - Fullerton is named to the second spot because of its business program ranking and because it is the largest of the schools in terms of enrollment. Sales and marketing studies are found in this school's bachelor's and master's degree programs in business administration.
- Runner Up #2: Placing third is Fullerton College. It is the closest of the schools to Anaheim at just three miles away. Students at Fullerton College can pursue a certificate or associate degree in marketing management.
School Comparison Chart
|Category||Chapman University||California State University - Fullerton||Fullerton College|
|Ranking|| Ranked as the 7th best regional university in the West in 2014*
Undergraduate business program was ranked 194th in 2013*
| Ranked as the 35st best regional university in the West in 2014*
Undergraduate business program was ranked 159th in 2013*
|Location||Orange, CA (5 miles from Anaheim)||Fullerton, CA (4 miles from Anaheim)||Fullerton, CA (3 miles from Anaheim)|
|School Type||4-year, private, not-for-profit||4-year, public||2-year, public|
|Tuition (2012-2013)|| $42,084 (undergraduate);
| $6,195 (in-state, undergraduate),
$17,853 (out-of-state, undergraduate);
$7,461 (in-state, graduate),
$17,007 (out-of-state, graduate)**
| $1,138 (in-state, undergraduate),
$6,010 (out-of-state, undergraduate)**
|Sales and Marketing Programs Offered||Bachelor's and master's degree||Bachelor's and master's degree||Certificate; associate's degree|
|Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal program time) for 2006 Entering Class||72%**||51%**||26% (19% transfer-out rate)**|
|Noteworthy||International learning experience is part of the program||Students can participate in an internship||Program's goal is to prepare students for direct employment in the field|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Communications, General
- International Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
Winner: Chapman University
- Accredited through The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, which only accredits 6% of schools
- Opportunity to participate in a marketing independent study
For undergraduates, Chapman University offers a marketing emphasis through its Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program. In addition to core business courses, students complete marketing courses in topics like advertising and promotion, consumer behavior, marketing strategy, sales management and new product development. The international learning experience offers students an opportunity to study and experience international economics and business management, business across cultures and international economics.
Those who want to study marketing at the graduate level can choose a marketing emphasis in the full-time and flex (part-time) MBA programs. The marketing emphasis requires 12 credits in subjects such as social media marketing, international marketing and market research.
Runner-Up #1: California State University - Fullerton
- Students can join the campus' chapter of the American Marketing Association
- Students are required to complete a global business experience requirement
- Several marketing scholarships are offered
California State University - Fullerton offers a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a concentration in marketing. Core courses focus on areas involving business writing, accounting, finance, management and operations. The marketing concentration is 18 credits, and students have an opportunity to learn about buyer behavior, marketing research, professional selling, sports marketing, retail marketing and advertising. The global business experience requirement explores topics in Asia economics problems, Middle East economics, global financial markets, international management and export-import financing. The capstone project involves a course in strategic management.
Marketing is also a concentration area in CSU-Fullerton's MBA program. Both full-time and part-time options are available for MBA study. Course topics in this program include new venture marketing, visual elements of marketing, export strategies, sales force management, professional selling and marketing for nonprofits. A capstone course in business strategy completes the program.
Runner-Up #2: Fullerton College
- PUENTE project is designed to assist educationally disadvantaged students
- Students have an opportunity to study abroad
Students at Fullerton College can pursue a certificate or associate's degree in marketing management. While both programs require that students complete roughly 30 credits of marketing courses, the associate's degree features additional general education requirements. Courses in these programs include accounting, business communications, small business management, economics and business law. Additional courses offer students an opportunity to learn about selling, international marketing, promotions and advertising.