School and Ranking Information
The one school that offers a degree in electronics in Long Beach is public. Based on its regional west ranking and multitude of cultural experiences for students, the following school is considered a top school for electronics in the area:
- Winner: California State University is a 4-year public university that is located in Long Beach, California. It offers a Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering in Technology, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.
|Category||California State University, Long Beach|
|Rankings||#6 Top Public School (2015)**|
|Location||Long Beach, California|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$6,240 (in-state); $17,400 (out-of-state)*|
|Electronics Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's|
|Electronics Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||114*|
|Most Popular Electronics Degree Program Level in 2012-2013||Master's (62 awarded)*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||60%*|
|Noteworthy||Multiple research centers available to students, such as the Center of Advanced Logistics Management Systems***|
Source: *NCES College Navigator, **U.S. News & World Report, ***California State University
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Electromechanical Technologies
- Electronic Communications Engineering
- Instrumentation Technologies
- Laser and Optical Technologies
- Robotics Technologies
- Telecommunications Technologies
California State University, Long Beach
- Center of Electronic Design Automation allows students to learn in a hands-on manner
- Engineering Student Success Center provides recruitment and outreach activities, tutoring services and career guidance
- State-of-the-art laboratories enhance the engineering learning experience
Accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, California State University has an exceptional engineering department. As of 2014, the university has a student population of 36,808.
The college offers a Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering Technology, which prepares students for careers as computer, aerospace, biomedical and chemical technologists. Students must complete three months of full-time fieldwork with an approved government agency. A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is also available. The program emphasizes a core in science, math and engineering coursework. Classes include microprocessor principles and applications, energy conversion principles and application to wireless systems.
Students can also get a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering. Emphases include bio-medicine, electromagnetics, electronics and wireless communications. Thanks to a graduate advisor, students have the option of creating their own area of emphasis. Students can either write a thesis or create their own capstone project.