School and Ranking Info
While there are not any schools in the Albuquerque, NM, area with degree programs specifically in international business, there are several schools that offer programs in business that include coursework or tracks in this area. While many of the options are private, for-profit schools, there is one public university with undergraduate and graduate programs in business that include concentrations in international management.
- Winner: The University of New Mexico offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) through its Anderson School of Management. Program emphasis is on the ethical, cultural and political differences that affect foreign business practices.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of New Mexico|
|Rankings|| #189 among National Universities (2015)
#133 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014)
#106 among Top Public Schools (2015)*
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergraduate: $6,846 (in-state), $20,688 (out-of-state)**|
|Business Administration and Management Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|Business Administration and Management Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||705 (all tracks)**|
|Most Popular Business Administration and Management Programs in 2012-2013||Bachelor's (473 awarded, all tracks)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 entering class||48%**|
|Noteworthy||Anderson School of Management offers seasonal career and professional development events|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
University of New Mexico
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accredits both the undergraduate and graduate programs in business administration
- Career Services office helps undergraduates obtain for-credit internships
- Study abroad opportunities in China, Italy or Mexico
- Three-Two MBA program allows non-business majors to earn a bachelor's degree and an MBA in five years
The University of New Mexico, founded in 1889, enrolls approximately 44,600 students a year. This public school offers 94 bachelor's, 74 master's and 40 doctoral degree programs through 12 colleges and schools. In addition to a 600-acre main campus, it operates five other campuses. The Anderson School of Management offers Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration with concentrations in international management.
The Bachelor of Business Administration program focuses on the customs, business practices and laws relating to international marketing, finance and sales. Students may choose a general course of study in international management, which covers worldwide business practices, or a Latin American option, which focuses on business in that region. The same areas of concentration can be found in the Master of Business Administration program, available on a full-time or part-time basis. Concentrated coursework covers topics in international marketing and strategy, negotiation strategies, international entrepreneurship and cross-cultural organizational behavior.