School and Ranking Information
The University of Colorado - Colorado Springs (UCCS) is located within 25 miles of the city. An offshoot of the main campus in Denver, UCCS offers a few graduate programs in public administration. The school is highly ranked and offers affordable education, making it one of the top schools with public administration programs.
- Winner: UCCS is a top-ranked public research university that offers graduate certificates and master's degree programs in public administration and public affairs.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Colorado, Colorado Springs|
|Ranking||Tied for #51 in Regional Universities (West)*|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
|School Type||4 year, Public|
|Graduate Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||$9,368 (in-state), $18,098 (out-of-state)**|
|Public Administration Degrees Offered||Master's Degree, Graduate Certificates|
|Public Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||29**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||46%**|
|Noteworthy||School ranked #13 in Best Public Schools category and #17 in Best Colleges for Veterans category*|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Internships offered to public administration students to gain professional experience
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) program offered online, on campus or blended
- The same curriculum is offered to online and on-campus students
- Public administration programs are accredited by the NASPAA
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs was established in the early '60s. The Colorado Springs campus shares its School of Public Affairs with the University of Colorado - Denver.
The School of Public Affairs offers a Master of Public Administration program and graduate certificate programs in public management and nonprofit management. The programs seek to improve students' managerial skills and increase their knowledge of the public administration field. In the MPA program is available as a classroom-based, online or blended program. Students can gain an in-depth understanding of research, presentation tools and factors affecting public policy, along with honing their problem solving skills as they relate to improving public well-being.