School and Ranking Information
The majority of schools that offer computer networking programs near Torrance are public, but there is one private, not-for-profit university as well. Based on its national university ranking, high graduation rate and institutions for research, the following school is considered a top school for studying computer networking near Torrance:
- Winner: University of Southern California is a 4-year private, not-for-profit school. It offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and Computer Science, a Master of Science in Computer Networks and a Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Southern California|
|Rankings|| #20 for Computer Science (2014)**
#25 for National Universities (2015)**
|Location||Los Angeles, California (15 miles from Torrance)|
|School Type||4-year, private, not-for-profit|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$46,298*|
|Computer Networking Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.|
|Computer Science Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||479*|
|Most Popular Computer Science Program Level in 2012-2013||Master's (408 awarded)*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||91%*|
|Noteworthy||Computer Science Department offers innovative environments for information, computation and digital media***|
Source: *NCES College Navigator, **U.S. News & World Report, ***University of Southern California
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer and Information Sciences, General
- Computer Programming
- Computer Systems Analysis
- Data Entry Processing
- Information Technology Management
- Networking and Telecommunications
- Software and Computer Media Applications
University of Southern California
- Students have access to many different centers, such as the Institute for Creative Technologies and the Information Sciences Institute
- Master's program with a computer networks focus is available online
- Ph.D. program prepares students for many research industries, such as artificial intelligence, networks and software engineering
USC is a nationally-renowned institution that has one of the best computer science departments in the country. The school is committed to research, and as of 2013, it has a student population of 41,000. USC has been at the forefront of research in social networking, robotics and internet technologies.
The university offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and Computer Science. Students are introduced to topics in software and hardware. Courses include network system organization, digital circuitry and operating systems functionality. Students in the Master of Science in Computer Science program with a computer networks focus explore the implementation, construction and maintenance of computer network systems. Students investigate concepts in network analysis and advanced computer communications.
Students can also receive their Ph.D. in Computer Science. There are a variety of research track options in this program, which includes one specifically geared towards networks and systems. There are plenty of seminars relating to advanced networking for students to engage in.