While there is no school based directly in Maitland, FL, that offers degrees in computer programming, several colleges in the area, located mainly in nearby Orlando, provide these studies. Based on rankings, student population and total number of degrees and certificates awarded in the field of study, the following college is considered a top school in the Maitland area for computer programming studies:
- Winner: Valencia College is the largest postsecondary institution in terms of student enrollment offering computer programming studies within a 25-mile radius of Maitland, FL. The college also awards more certificates and degrees in this subject than any other college or university in the area. Students can choose from two certificate programs and one 2-year degree program in computer programming.
School Info Chart
|Ranking s||#2 among colleges and universities for number of 1-year certificates awarded (2014)*; #4 for number of associate degrees awarded (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year, primarily associate's, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $2,378 (in state); $9,005 (out-of-state)**|
|Computer Programming Programs Offered||Certificate and associate's degree|
|Computer Programming Certificates and Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||224**|
|Most Popular Computer Programming Award in 2012-2013||Certificate (176 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||40%**|
|Noteworthy||College is the first winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence (2011)*|
Sources: *Community College Week; **NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Games and Programming Skills
- Computer Programming for Applications
- Computer Programming for Certifications
- Computer programming studies integrate classroom instruction with hands-on learning opportunities
- College offers state-of-the-art computer labs
- Internship opportunities in computer programming available
Valencia College is a 4-year public college enrolling more than 42,000 students enrolled at six campuses and centers throughout Florida's Orange and Osceola counties. The Division of Business, IT & Public Services houses the computer programming and analysis offerings.
Valencia offers two technical certificate programs, one requiring 18 credits and the other 33 credits, as well as an associate's degree in computer programming and analysis. The certificates both have computer programming and Web development tracks. Credits earned in these certificate programs can be applied to the associate's degree program.
The 63-credit Associate in Science in Computer Programming and Analysis program provides students with training in programming analysis and design, computer programming, foundations of computer technology and Web applications development. Required courses include introductory programming concepts, website development, Java programming, C++ programming, scripting languages and Visual Basic programming. An internship or course on the job search is required. Applicants may receive credit for any industry licensure or certifications they hold.