Most of the few schools with networking programs within a 10-mile radius of Alexandria are for-profit 4-year institutions. The following institution is one of the top schools around to attend for networking on account of the school type, tuition and program options:
- Winner: Northern Virginia Community College is a 2-year public school with programs in the field. Students can find multiple networking certificates at this institution.
School Info Chart
|Category||Northern Virginia Community College|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$3,677 (in-state), $8,411 (out-of-state)*|
|Networking Programs Offered||Certificate|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||23%*|
|Noteworthy||Students at this institution can receive the needed preparation to get Cisco certified**|
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **NOVA website
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Electromechanical Technologies
- Electronic Communications Engineering
- Instrumentation Technologies
- Laser and Optical Technologies
- Robotics Technologies
- Telecommunications Technologies
Northern Virginia Community College
- This institution offers multiple networking certificates that can be completed within just a year's time
- Both networking certificates may be earned online
- The networking related certificates prepare students for various certifications in the field, such as Network+
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) has a campus right in Alexandria. This campus has two main divisions for liberal arts and for science, technology and business. NOVA at Alexandria has an enrollment over 17,000 students.
NOVA offers a two-semester network engineering specialist certificate that covers fundamentals in networking, as well as switching and routing. The network administration certificate requires a few more classes than the former but is still designed as a two-semester program. Students in this certificate program learn about network security, troubleshooting and telecommunications.