School and Ranking Info
There is just one school within 25 miles of Henderson, NV, that offers a program in retail management. Located a little over 15 miles away in Las Vegas, this public institution can be considered a top ranked school for retail management based on student services and its variety of programs related to retail management.
- Winner: The College of Southern Nevada is the largest college in the state and enrolls over 34,000 students annually. This college offers both a certificate and an associate degree in retail management.
School Info Chart
|Category||The College of Southern Nevada|
|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)|| Undergraduate: $2,700 (in-state)
|Retail Management Awards Offered||Certificate and associate's|
|Retail Management Certificates & Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||0*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 entering class||9%*|
|Noteworthy||Division of Workforce and Economic Development provides academic and career help to students|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
The College of Southern Nevada
- Department of Business Administration has over 50 faculty and staff members
- Certificate program was developed in concert with the retail industry
- Opportunity to become familiar with current merchandising and promotional trends
- Credits earned through the associate program may be transferable to a 4-year degree
The Department of Business Administration offers programs in marketing, management, paralegal studies, real estate and business. Marketing programs include a certificate and an associate degree program in retail management, through which students acquire effective communication techniques and become familiar with management theories.
The Certificate in Retail Management program requires 30 credits to complete and covers topics in financial accounting, human relations and marketing. Once enrolled, students develop an understanding of the issues associated with the retail industry and the responsibilities of retail managers. In the 61-credit Associate of Applied Science in Marketing, Merchandising and Retail Management program, undergraduates complete a 25-credit general education core and 36 credits of specialized coursework. They can also take electives in fashion merchandising, international marketing, public relations or small business management.