School and Ranking Information
Numerous schools in the Oklahoma City, OK, area offer business administration degrees. Based on academic programs, rankings, low tuition and small class size, the following college is regarded as one of Oklahoma City's top schools for business administration:
- Winner: Oklahoma City University offers a bachelor's degree in business administration, a master's degree in business administration with specializations in accounting, marketing and finance and a joint JD/MBA degree. OCU also offers an accelerated format for certain degree programs for those individuals with three or more years of experience in business.
School Info Chart
|Category||Oklahoma City University|
|Rankings||Tied for 25th in Regional Universities (West) (2015)*|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK|
|School Type||4-year, private not-for-profit|
|Tuition & Fees 2014||$29,426**|
|Business Administration Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's|
|Business Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012||122**|
|Most Popular Business Administration Degree level in 2012||Master's of Business Administration and Management**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% normal degree time) for 2007 entering class||61%**|
|Noteworthy||OCU was listed as one of America's 2014 Top Colleges by Forbes'***; Oklahoma City University has a Carnegie classification as a Master's College and University**|
Source: *U.S. News and World Report; **NCES College Navigator; ***Forbes
Oklahoma City University
- The Meinders School of Business has earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is awarded to less than 5 percent of business schools worldwide
- OCU's student-to-faculty ratio is 11:1
- Ninety percent of the faculty at Meinders School of Business have a doctoral degree and continue to publish in professional journals throughout their careers
- Nearly 86% of business students participate in research or an internship with a faculty member
A private, not-for-profit Methodist institution, Oklahoma City University (OCU) offers 60 undergraduate majors and 12 graduate degrees, which include degrees in business, sciences, fine art and liberal arts. In 2012, Oklahoma City University was named one of America's Best Christian Colleges by Institutional Research & Evaluation. This honor was bestowed on OCU as a result of a national survey of nearly 1500 four-year colleges and universities.
Located in a three-story building on the OCU campus, the Meinders School of Business (MSB) has its own lounge, conference rooms and computer lab. OCU offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Business Administration/Master of Science in Nursing. Students seeking to add a specialization in accounting, finance or marketing to their master's degree will need to take 3-9 additional credit hours, which replaces the MBA generalist track's elective block. Oklahoma City University also offers a Master of Business Administration/Juris Doctor, a joint degree that requires admission to both the Meinders School of Business and the School of Law.