School and Ranking Information
Accounting and financial management programs are found at more than ten schools in the Long Beach, CA, area, including several large universities. Based on school rankings, location and program options, the following university is considered a top school in Long Beach for accounting and financial management programs:
- Winner: California State University at Long Beach is the only postsecondary institution located directly in Long Beach to offer degree programs in accounting and financial management. It also has the second-largest student population among the schools within 25 miles of Long Beach to have these types of programs. Students can choose an accounting or finance concentration in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program and a finance concentration in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
School Info Chart
|Category||California State University - Long Beach|
|Ranking||#33 (tie) Best Regional Universities in the West (2015)*|
|Location||Long Beach, California|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $6,240 (in-state); $17,400 (out-of-state)**|
|Accounting and Financial Management Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||60%**|
|Noteworthy||College of Business Administration at California State University - Long Beach is one of 681 business schools in the world to receive accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)***; Undergraduate business programs rank #256 among national universities (2015)*|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report; **NCES College Navigator; ***California State University - Long Beach
California State University - Long Beach
- Internship opportunities available
- Accelerated studies available for MBA students
- Day, evening and weekend classes offered to MBA students
- Students can join the Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Society (BAP) or student chapter of the Financial Management Association (FMA)
California State University - Long Beach (CSULB) is one of the largest schools in the 23-campus California State University System, with an annual student population of more than 35,000. These students are enrolled in eight academic colleges, including the College of Business Administration. While the college has no standalone accounting or financial management programs, students can choose these fields as areas of concentration within the business administration programs at the bachelor's and master's degree levels.
All students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration must complete core courses in subjects like elementary financial accounting, cost accounting, managerial economics and management principles. In addition to core courses, students who choose the accountancy specialization complete six courses in accounting, including two sessions of intermediate accounting, federal tax law and auditing. Students of the finance specialization complete courses in investments and intermediate financial management and can then select from courses addressing such topics as insurance, capital markets, financial institutions management and international finance. The MBA in Finance includes courses in international business and legal issues, capital budgeting, financial forecasting and investment seminars. A seminar on problem solving in business, where students apply theory to a variety of issues in the business world, is required as a capstone course.