School and Ranking Info
The New York City area has over 20 career institutes, community colleges and 4-year institutions that offer programs related to office administration, such as office automation and management, clerical services and secretarial studies. Based upon its business school accreditation and program options, the top school for office administration is a 2-year, public college located about 12.5 miles away from downtown Manhattan.
- Winner: CUNY Queensborough Community College in Bayside, Queens, is one of seven community colleges within the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Through its Business Department, students can pursue a certificate and a degree program in office assisting or administration.
School Info Chart
|Category||CUNY Queensborough Community College|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergraduate: $4,540 (in-state); $7,060 (out-of-state)*|
|Office Administration Awards Offered||Certificate and associate's|
|Office Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||22*|
|Most Popular Office Administration Program Level in 2012-2013||Associate's (19 awarded)*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 entering class||19%*|
|Noteworthy||Business Department is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
CUNY Queensborough Community College
- Office Administration and Technology Learning Resource Center for typing and shorthand transcription
- Word processing labs provide training in computer software programs
- Individual certificate programs in office administration offer business internships
- Relevant extra-curricular activities include the Business Society and Xi Chapter of Alpha Beta Gamma, an international business society
Queensborough Community College (QCC) enrolls roughly 16,300 students a year in academic transfer, career and pre-professional programs. Through the Business Department, students can pursue certificate programs in general, healthcare and medical office administration, as well as computer information systems (CIS). Two-year degree programs in accounting, business administration, CIS, management and office administration are also available.
The 30-credit Office Administration Assistant Certificate Program includes 14 credits of core coursework in English composition or writing, administrative office procedures, keyboarding and the use of Microsoft Office. Students can also choose from among concentrations for accounting, corporate, healthcare and legal office assistants. Similar coursework can be found in the 60-credit AAS in Office Administration and Technology program, which includes a 21-22-credit general education core. Degree-seeking students also learn about business organization and management, how to take dictation and transcription for business documents and use desktop publishing applications.