School and Ranking Info
There are around ten schools in Philadelphia, PA, that offer degree programs in business, including community and 4-year colleges, professional schools and national universities. The top ranked school with business programs is a 4-year university that ranked among the top ten national universities in 2014 and had the number one undergraduate and graduate business programs in the United States for 2014, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Winner: The University of Pennsylvania is one of eight Ivy League schools in the United States. At its renowned Wharton School of Business, students can pursue specialized bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs.
School Info Chart
|Category||The University of Pennsylvania|
|Rankings||#8 among National Universities (2015);
#1 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014);
#1 among Best Graduate Business Schools (2014);
#10 among Best Value Schools (2015)*
|School Type||4-year, private not-for-profit|
|Tuition and Fees (2013-2014)||Undergraduate: $45,890**|
|Business Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees; Post-graduate certificates|
|Business Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||373**|
|Most Popular Business Degree Level in 2012-2013||Master's ( 258 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||96%**|
|Noteworthy||The Wharton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- Business Management and Operations
- Business Marketing
- Business Support and Administrative Services
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information System Management
- International Business
- Sales and Merchandising
- Specialized Sales
The University of Pennsylvania
- Eligible students at the Wharton School of Business can study abroad
- Graduate MBA students participate in a consulting practicum
- MBA program sponsors executive speakers' series and campus-based recruiting events
- Research resources include the Lippincott Library, which includes 200,000 volumes and numerous electronic databases and journals
The University of Pennsylvania is home to the Wharton School, the first collegiate school of business in the U.S. The school is composed of ten different departments and 20 research centers and offers more than 20 undergraduate, 18 Master of Business Administration (MBA) and nine Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs.
Undergraduate business students at the Wharton School can pursue a theory-based Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Economics in over 20 different concentrations, such as management, marketing and operations; an individualized course of study is also available. Most of the concentrated coursework occurs during the last two years; as freshmen and sophomores, undergraduates take lower-level courses in business basics, foreign language and organizational studies. Graduate students can choose between a 20-month, full-time MBA and 24-month Executive MBA; full-time students can select from among 18 concentrations. The 16-course PhD in Management program takes 4-5 years to complete and includes topics in research methodology, social science and statistics; a dissertation and exams are also required.