School and Ranking Information
Students in Dayton have only a handful of nonprofit options for studying web design. These include certificate and associate's degree programs in web development and related fields. Based on its program offerings, the following school is a top option to gain career education in web design in Dayton, Ohio.
- Winner: Sinclair Community College (SCC) offers a certificate program in web programming and an associate's degree program in web development. These programs cover a broader spectrum of topics than just web design. Students also might be interested in SCC's associate's degree program in visual communication, which includes a course dedicated to designing a professional web page.
School Info Chart
|Category||Sinclair Community College|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$2,304 (in-district), $3,432 (in-state), $6,600 (out-of-state)*|
|Web Design Programs Offered||Certificate in Web Programming, Associate of Applied Science in Web Development|
|Web Design Certificates and Degrees Awarded (2012-2013)||17*|
|Most Popular Web Design Program Level (2012-2013)||Associate's (12 awarded)*|
|Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 entering class||11% for full-time students*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Graphics
- Database Administration and Data Warehousing
- Web Page and Digital Design
Sinclair Community College
- SCC has an internship/co-op program specifically directed toward science, math and engineering students
- Articulation agreements between SCC and several colleges and universities, including the University of Dayton and Wright State University, simplify transfer to a 4-year program
- SCC has great program diversity, with more than 170 certificate and associate's degree offerings
With more than 19,000 students as of Fall 2013, SCC is the largest single-campus community college in Ohio. The school awarded more than 1,500 certificates and 1,800 associate's degrees in the 2012-2013 academic year alone.
SCC's web programming certificate program requires 18 credit hours and can be completed in less than a year. Classes cover web site development with HTML, CSS, php and XML, as well as C++ and C# software development. Students also learn about database management.
The 2-year associate's degree program in web development includes all the aforementioned certificate courses, as well as classes in network fundamentals, network security, and information systems analysis and design. Students also complete general education and business courses, including business statistics, small group communication, and management and organizational behavior.