School and Ranking Information
This article profiles one renowned public institution located within roughly a 60-mile radius of Jacksonville that offers a master's degree in the field. Based on rankings, accreditation, graduation rates and student services, the following school is considered a top area school for a graduate education in MIS:
- Winner: University of Florida is a nationally ranked public institution near Jacksonville that boasts a high graduation rate. The university offers a master's degree in information systems and operations management through its graduate school of business.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Florida|
|Rankings||Tied at #48 for National Universities (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Average Graduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$12,642 (in-state), $29,207 (out-of-state)**|
|Information Systems Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate***|
|Information Sciences Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||16**|
|Most Popular Information Sciences Degree Level in 2012-2013||Bachelor's**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||87%**|
|Noteworthy||University of Florida's graduate business school is tied at #41 in the country (2014)*; Eduniversal has ranked the graduate information systems program at #17 nationally for public schools (2013-2014)***|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***University of Florida website
University of Florida
- The Warrington College of Business Administration is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The master's program in the field is STEM accredited
- University of Florida features a chapter of the Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- The university offers internships in the field right on campus
University of Florida has close to 50,000 students enrolled, including approximately 16,000 graduate students. The sizable campus covers 2,000 acres, containing about 900 different buildings and a total of 16 colleges. There are also more than 150 centers and institutes devoted to research on campus.
The Hough Graduate School of Business, housed within the Warrington College of Business Administration, offers a Master of Science in Information Systems and Operations Management. The program gives students the choice between 3 tracks, including IT, business intelligence and supply chain management. Some required courses include quantitative analysis and database systems, and students have the option of completing an internship or taking an elective in its place. There is also an independent study option available.