Customer service management programs are typically available as certificates. Top schools that offer these programs include DePaul University, Rutgers University and Eastfield College.
Education programs in customer service or relationship management typically focus on developing skills to form, retain and nurture customer connections in service-related industries. Customer service management programs most commonly award professional certificates and are available at community colleges and 4-year universities. The schools highlighted below include two universities that have received high rankings from U.S. News & World Report, and Eastfield College offers a club that cultivates high standards in the human and community service fields.
DePaul University in Chicago, IL
|School Highlight: At DePaul University, completion of the certificate program may be applied toward the university's certificate in integrated marketing communications.|
The undergraduate business program at DePaul University was rated one of the top 100 in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report for 2017. DePaul's non-credit certificate program in customer relationship management covers topics in data capture and management, marketing strategy and communication and automation. The school also awards an integrated marketing communications certificate, which requires the completion of five courses. The customer relationship management program, which awards its own certificate, additionally fulfills a portion of this integrated marketing certificate curriculum.
Rutgers University in Camden, NJ
|School Highlight: Rutger University's certificate program includes instruction in call center management.|
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, ranked as one of the top 40 schools in the North by U.S. News and World Report for 2017. The university offers a certificate program in call center and customer service management, which is suitable for management professionals making a move to customer service or for customer service workers seeking promotional opportunities. This online certificate program includes classes in establishing service standards, working with upset customers, and various courses in team leadership.
Eastfield College in Mesquite, TX
|School Highlight: A student human services club devoted to cultivating high standards in the human and community service fields is available.|
Eastfield College offers a customer service certificate program. Courses include business writing, human relations skills and career development. Students may take individual courses on a non-certificate basis, but all courses must be completed to earn the program certificate.
Top Schools with Customer Service Management Programs
Other top schools that offer customer service management programs exist.
- At Estrella Mountain Community College in Avondale, AZ, curriculum options include hybrid classes that offer a combination of on-site and online instruction.
- Middlesex Community College in Middletown, CT, has courses in the customer service management certificate program that fulfill some requirements for the college's associate degree in marketing.
- Pima Community College in Tucson, AZ, has customer service management classes that are offered on weekends, as well as during the week.
- Taft College in Taft, CA, has a state-funded Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) program that provides educational support to economically or educationally challenged students.
- Valencia College in Orlando, FL, offers concentrated program schedules with classes that have longer class sessions but meet for fewer weeks.
Customer service management students have many options when looking for a program offered by some of the nation's top schools in the field. These include schedule flexibility, online availability and course options.