Formal education in real estate, appraising and finance can be found through universities with business, management and real estate schools. In general, the programs lead to a certificate or an undergraduate or a graduate degree.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Business Marketing Operations
- Fashion Merchandising
- Hospitality Marketing Operations
- Insurance, General
- Marketing for Apparel and Accessories
- Marketing for Travel and Tourism Operations
- Real Estate Sales, Appraisal, and Finance
- Special Product Marketing
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Marketing
Students who pursue a program at one of the national universities featured below can learn how to provide real estate advice and services to potential buyers, as well as make the purchasing process easier for many first-time and experienced commercial and residential owners. Each of these schools was highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report for 2017.
New York University in New York City, NY
|School Highlight: Master of Science in Real Estate and Real Estate Development programs are offered.|
In 2017, New York University ranked 36th on U.S. News & World Report's list of best national universities. Through the Schack Institute of Real Estate, students can pursue a Bachelor of Science in Real Estate, as well as a Master of Science in Real Estate or Real Estate Development, through which they learn how to negotiate, finance and close a transaction. Graduate areas of concentration include finance and investment or strategic real estate management. Concentrated finance courses focus on the monetary aspect of real estate; students specializing in strategic management learn how to operate a real estate business. In addition to the degree programs, Schack offers a Graduate Certificate in Real Estate.
University of Florida in Gainesville, FL
|School Highlight: Students receive mentoring from members of the Bergstrom Center's Real Estate Advisory Board.|
The University of Florida in Gainesville is a public institution that tied at 50th among national universities, according to U.S. News & World Report in 2017. The university's Warrington College of Business Administration offers Master of Science programs in real estate and finance, as well as an undergraduate minor in real estate. Graduate students train in the use of industry-specific computer software while developing their decision-making, management and real estate investment skills. Advanced coursework includes topics in real estate development, law and appraisal. Students also receive mentoring from real estate industry professionals.
Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY
|School Highlight: Programs include undergraduate major and minor in real estate.|
Syracuse University is a private institution that tied as the 60th-best national university by U.S. News & World Report in 2017. At the Whitman School of Management, undergraduates can pursue a major or minor in real estate. Degree-seeking students acquire management skills while gaining a better understanding of the economic and environmental impact of real estate on the world. The purpose of the minor is to help students develop their analytical and decision-making abilities as they relate to the real estate business. Required courses include topics in real estate basics, development, finance and investing; students can also choose an elective in capital markets.
Cornell University in Ithaca, NY
|School Highlight: The school is home to the Cornell Real Estate Council, a group of top real estate faculty members.|
At Cornell University, graduate students can earn a Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate, which takes two years to complete. There are also two dual degree options for real estate students; they can simultaneously earn a master of regional planning or an MBA. In addition, Cornell graduate students in other fields can pursue a graduate minor to gain real estate industry skills. For 2017, Cornell was tied for #15 among national universities, per U.S. News & World Report.
Top Schools with Real Estate Sales, Appraisals and Finance Programs
Here, you can find more information about other schools with excellent real estate programs:
- DePaul University in Chicago, IL is home to the DePaul Real Estate Center, a leading location for a professional real estate education in the Midwest.
- At Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI, students can earn a business certificate in real estate.
- Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL, offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in real estate.
- Roosevelt University in Chicago, IL, offers a Master of Science in Real Estate and Master of Business Administration with a concentration in real estate.
- Temple University in Philadelphia, PA, is home to the campus-based Temple Real Estate Organization, and scholarships are available.
- At the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH, the Carl H. Lindner College of Business includes a Real Estate Program and Center.
For students who want to learn about real estate sales, appraisals and finance, some of the country's best universities have strong educational offerings.