School and Ranking Information
There are four schools within 15 miles of Honolulu that offer programs in international business. All of the schools are 4-year institutions; three are private schools and one is a public university. According to school type, program rankings and international business program offerings, the following is considered a top school to attend in Honolulu for an international business degree:
- Winner: The University of Hawaii at Manoa is the sole 4-year public institution with academic offerings in international business. This institution has a nationally ranked undergraduate program in international business, as well as offers a Global MBA.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Hawaii at Manoa|
|Rankings||Tied for #168 among National Universities (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$9,904 (in-state), $27,472 (out-of-state)**|
|International Business Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's|
|International Business Degrees Awarded (Bachelor's) in 2013||41**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||57%**|
|Noteworthy||The Study Abroad Center offers educational travel experiences across multiple continents***; The undergraduate international business program is ranked at #18 among like programs nationwide (2015)*|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***University of Hawaii at Manoa
University of Hawaii at Manoa
- The business college offers the sole MBA program in the state that is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- More than 500 students from the business college secure internships each year
- A variety of scholarship opportunities are available to students in the business college, including events such as the yearly scholarship luncheon
- The part-time MBA was ranked #144 nationwide for 2015 by U.S. News & World Report
Students attending University of Hawaii at Manoa can enjoy a low student-to-faculty ratio of 13 to 1. This institution boasts more than 10 schools and colleges that provide over 200 degree options. Nearly 90% of faculty members have a terminal degree in their area of study.
The College of Business has a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business as well as full-time and part-time Global MBA programs. The bachelor's degree program requires courses on international business finance and marketing. Options for electives include international banking and business law, and students may study abroad. The full-time MBA gives students the choice of a focus on China or Japan and requires courses such as ethics, business policy and marketing management. The part-time MBA examines the Asia-Pacific area and features classes during the day as well as the evening.