Completion of a certificate program demonstrates that a student has the entry-level knowledge and training necessary to work with foundational computer languages, as well as to design and create computer programs. Some courses also prepare students for professional certification in the field.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Games and Programming Skills
- Computer Programming for Applications
- Computer Programming for Certifications
Students can find programs at Minot State University, Frostburg State University and Bellevue College. The two universities offer comprehensive certificate programs in the field, while the college provides a wide range of standalone programming classes that can help students build expertise in a variety of programming languages and concepts.
Minot State University in Minot, ND
|School Highlight: This certificate program will prepare students for entry-level computer programming.|
Students at Minot State can pursue a 20-credit Certificate in Computer Programming, after which they may qualify for entry-level jobs in the field. This is a 5-course program that includes topics in general computer science, Web and internet programming, UNIX and local area networks (LAN). Students also receive training in Visual Basic and Visual Basic Applications (VBA).
Frostburg State University in Frostburg, MD
|School Highlight: These certificates in programming will benefit professionals as well as beginners.|
Frostburg State University offers three different professional certificates in software development, networking and programming. The 14-credit Certificate in Programming requires three general computer science courses and either a course in data structures and algorithm analysis or modern programming languages. The program is designed for students with basic computer skills to enlighten their knowledge in the language of programming.
Bellevue College in Bellevue, WA
Through its continuing education department, Bellevue College offers 29 different programming courses, some of which award certificates upon completion. There are some classes designed for beginners with no programming experience, while others can meet the needs of students who already have a programming background. Some of the languages currently offered include C#, Python, Java and Go.
Top Schools With Computer Programming Certificate Programs
Here are some more schools that provide educational opportunities for computer programming students:
- Coleman University in San Diego, CA, offers courses in software development.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ, offers certificate programs in computer programming and advanced computer programming.
- At Lake Washington Institute of Technology in Kirkland, WA, there are certificate programs that provide training for students who want to work as IT Support Specialists or Network Support Technicians.
- North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC, offers an online post-baccalaureate certificate in computer programming.
- Peninsula College in Port Angeles, WA, offers three certificates in CAT computing.
Students who are looking for training in computer programming that can ultimately lead to certification can find standalone courses, certificate programs and full degree options in the field.