Two of the three schools offering Web design programs in Tulsa, OK, are for-profit institutions. Based on school type, distinction and student-to-faculty ratio, the following school is considered a top school in Tulsa for Web design studies:
- Winner: Tulsa Technology Center is the only public institution located directly in the city that provides a program in Web design. Students can earn an undergraduate certificate in this subject.
School Info Chart
|Category||Tulsa Technology Center|
|Distinction||Among the 'Best in the World' winners in the Trade School and Adult Learning categories by Tulsa World (2014)|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees for Web Design Program (2013-2014)||$2,350**|
|Web Design Programs Offered||Certificate|
|Web Design Certificates Awarded in 2012-2013||16**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010-11 Entering Class||88%**|
|Noteworthy||Web design students develop a portfolio to help them find employment after graduation*|
Sources: *Tulsa Technology Center; **NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Graphics
- Database Administration and Data Warehousing
- Web Page and Digital Design
Tulsa Technology Center
- 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Center maintains ties with local businesses providing internship opportunities
- Graduates prepared to pursue vendor-specific certifications such as Certified Internet Webmaster, Adobe Certified Expert or Adobe Certified Associate
Tulsa Technology Center is a public school specifically designed to prepare individuals for positions in the workplace. It primarily offers certificate programs in vocational fields such as manufacturing, health sciences, communications, management and technology. The Web design courses are offered at the Riverside campus, which serves nearly 640 students per year.
In the Certificate in Web Design program, which requires no prerequisites, students learn how to use design techniques and applications while also developing their own style. They take courses addressing the fundamentals of technology, Web languages, Web authoring tools, image management techniques, layout design and interactive marketing. They learn how to use Web-scripting languages to create new websites from scratch, while applying images, fonts and colors to develop the look and aesthetics of the site.
In marketing courses, prospective Web designers learn how to meet the needs of future clients by determining the goal and message of the proposed website. The curriculum also contains a major capstone course, providing career-oriented experiential training.