There are around 15 postsecondary institutions offering Web design studies within approximately 25 miles of Schaumburg, IL. Most schools are 2-year colleges, though there are a few 4-year private for-profit and non-profit schools too. Based on proximity to the city and total number of certificates and degrees awarded in the field of study, the following college is considered a top school for Web design studies in the Schaumburg area:
- Winner: Harper College confers the highest number of certificates and 2-year degrees in Web design compared to other public institutions in the Schaumburg area. Students can choose from six certificate programs or one associate's degree program in Web design.
School Info Chart
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $3,054 (in-district); $9,222 (in-state); $11,034 (out-of-state)*|
|Web Design Programs Offered||Certificate and associate's degree|
|Web Design Certificates and Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||27*|
|Most Popular Web Design Award in 2012-2013||Certificate (25 awarded)*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||24%*|
|Noteworthy||Recognized as a Web Professional Academy by the World Organization of Webmasters (WOW)|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Graphics
- Database Administration and Data Warehousing
- Web Page and Digital Design
- Latest software and production techniques utilized in Web design classes
- Web design students complete a portfolio and resume for employment purposes
- Certificates in Accessible Web Design and Compliance, Web Development and Web Visual Design offered online
Harper College is a 2-year community college enrolling nearly 15,000 students. Through the school's Non-Credit Continuing Education Department, aspiring and existing Web designers, developers and graphic designers can choose from several professional education programs covering web design, programming and industry tools and software, such as Dreamweaver and Adobe Edge. Additionally, several for-credit program options in Web design are available from the more than 40 associate's degree and 110 certificate programs offered at the school.
Certificates range from 6-30 credit hours, and depending on the program, students can learn to modify Web-design applications to be compliant with governmental accessibility standards, study Web development and graphics or explore interactive scripting and e-commerce development. At the degree level, web design is offered as one of four specialty areas in the Associate in Applied Science in Graphic Arts Technology program. Courses address Web animation and authoring tools, Web graphics and multimedia applications, as well as digital imaging, digital photography, production processes and color management.