School and Ranking Information
There are only two schools within a 50-mile radius of Jacksonville, FL, that offer programs in Web design. Based on rankings, student population and the number of degrees awarded in the field of study, the following college is considered a top school in or near Jacksonville for Web design programs:
- Winner: In terms of student enrollment, Florida State College at Jacksonville is the largest school offering Web design studies in the city. The school also awards more 2-year degrees in Web design than any other school within 50 miles of Jacksonville. Students can earn a technical certificate in Web development or choose the Web design track of the school's associate's degree program in computer information technology.
School Info Chart
|Category||Florida State College at Jacksonville|
|Rankings||Ranks among the top 25 most affordable 4-year, public postsecondary institutions in the U.S. according to a U.S. Department of Education report*; ranked #4 among associate's degree producers for total number of degrees awarded by Community College Week (2010-11)*|
|School Type||4-year, primarily associate's, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $2,830 (in-state); $9,944 (out-of-state)**|
|Web Design Programs Offered||Certificate and associate's degree|
|Web Design Certificates and Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||21**|
|Most Popular Web Design Level in 2012-2013||Associate's degree (21 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||35%**|
|Noteworthy||Recipient of a $3 million H-1B Ready to Work Partnership grant from the U.S. Department of Labor targeting occupations in computer information technology*|
Sources: *Florida State College at Jacksonville; **NCES College Navigator
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Graphics
- Database Administration and Data Warehousing
- Web Page and Digital Design
Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Combines coursework with hands-on learning experiences
- Internship opportunities available at the associate's degree level
- Studies prepare students to pursue national Web design certification
Florida State College at Jacksonville is a 4-year public state school that is a member of the Florida College System. It primarily offers associate's degree and certificate programs to more than 28,000 students annually. The college is composed of 11 different schools in academic and vocational subject areas. The School of Information Technology offers certificate, associate's degree and bachelor's degree programs designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in the IT field, including two in the area of Web design.
The Technical Certificate in Web Development Specialist program requires 22 credit hours. Courses include introductory computer programming, Internet programming, Web technologies, website design and object-oriented programming. These credits may be applied to the associate's degree program.
Students who choose the Web track of the Associate of Science in Computer Information Technology take the same curriculum as that found in the certificate program, with topics addressed in software configuration, Web technologies, computer support operations, inter-networking and servers, website management and an overall introduction to the Internet. Students are also required to complete general education courses in mathematics, humanities and social sciences.