While the Common Core standards outline grade-specific goals, they do not dictate how educators should teach the standards or which materials they should use. Study.com's team of educators has put a range of supports in place to ensure teachers have tools to help students master them. The video lessons are short, and each lesson breaks down the topic into simple segments so that students have a better chance of understanding and retaining the information.
- Use lessons mapped to the Common Core standards to supplement your instruction or flip your classroom.
- Show these lessons in class to facilitate discussion or group exercises, as well as to augment lecture topics.
- Assign video viewing as homework to prepare students for upcoming class sessions.
- Supplement in-class discussions, group work or homework assignments.
- Use brief multiple-choice quizzes to assess student understanding of the material.
- Use these lessons at different times throughout the school year to complement in-class teaching.
View the Course Syllabus and Collection Details
Study.com includes a listing of the standards alignment in the Collection Details that can be found under the Syllabus tab.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Current Common Core Course Offerings
Study.com has a collection of videos and quizzes specifically designed to supplement Common Core instruction for Grade 8, Grades 9-10 and Grades 11-12.
The lessons included here can be assigned for homework so that students come to class with an idea of the concepts and vocabulary terms to be addressed that day. Supplement your lesson plans with videos covering such topics as close reading strategies and proofreading techniques.
Common Core ELA - Language Grades 11-12; Standards
Common Core ELA - Language Grades 9-10; Standards
Common Core ELA - Language Grades 8; Standards
Many teachers assign the lessons for homework so that students come to class prepared to discuss works of literature. Teachers also play the lessons in class and discuss the concepts as a group.
Common Core ELA - Literature Grades 11-12; Standards
Common Core ELA - Literature Grades 9-10; Standards
Common Core ELA - Literature Grades 8; Standards
Since these courses were created to help students develop speaking and listening skills, teachers may show the lessons in class or assign the lessons for homework to prepare students to work on group and/or presentation assignments.
Common Core ELA - Speaking Grades 11-12; Standards
Common Core ELA - Speaking Grades 9-10; Standards
High school teachers use these lessons as study aids, homework, introductions to lesson topics and extra help. Videos can also be used to reinforce problem areas students may have with writing.
Common Core ELA - Writing Standards Grades 11-12; Standards
Common Core ELA - Writing Standards Grades 9-10; Standards
Common Core ELA - Writing Standards Grades 8; Standards
These courses break down the most common components of mathematics into smaller pieces with engaging and easy-to-understand video lessons.
Common Core Math - Algebra: High School Standards
Common Core Math - Functions: High School Standards
Common Core Math - Geometry: High School Standards
Common Core Math - Number & Quantity: High School Standards
Common Core Math - Statistics & Probability: High School Standards
Common Core Math - Expressions & Equations: Grade 8 Standards
Common Core Math - Functions: Grade 8 Standards
For additional information on the Common Core standards visit: www.corestandards.org