Study.com is the first online learning program to offer more than 1,000 courses as well as 19 courses recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for credit, which is considered by over 2,000 Universities across the United States. A few years ago a popular MOOC, Coursera.com offered 5 ACE recommended courses but only for a limited time. Study.com plans to offer 'for-credit' courses indefinitely and currently has 30 additional courses under review by the ACE to add to the 19 available courses that are listed below.
- Business 101: Principles of Management
- Business 102: Principles of Marketing
- Business 107: Organizational Behavior
- History 101: Western Civilization I
- History 103: US History I
- Math 101: College Algebra
- Math 102: College Mathematics
- Math 103: Pre-Calculus
- Math 104: Calculus
- Biology 101: Intro to Biology
- Biology 103: Microbiology
- Biology 105: Anatomy and Physiology
- Environmental Science 101: Environment and Humanity
- Science 101: Intro to Natural Science
- Psychology 101: Intro to Psychology
- Psychology 102: Educational Psychology
- Psychology 103: Human Growth and Development
- Psychology 104: Social Psychology
- Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology
The main reason for such a heavy focus on making transferable college courses available directly from the site is to help combat the rising cost of tuition. Study.com students now have the ability to get course credit directly from their home computer without ever having to set foot inside of a classroom or testing center, a revolutionary new feature. As a result, students will able to take an entire college course and earn credit on their computer in an easy and convenient way.
In addition to helping students succeed in higher education, Study.com is currently partnering with hundreds of teachers across the United States with a fully integrated classroom product. Teachers have the ability to use the Study.com product to fully integrate their classroom with video playback of specially designed lessons meant to further engage students inside and outside of the classroom.
Study.com's long-term goal extends even beyond eliminating the need for community college and alleviating student debt. The site plans to serve as a lifelong tool for all students in every single aspect of education, even professional development. Study.com's fun and engaging video lessons are taught by over 400 of the world's best instructors. The site's 1,000 courses includes all common middle school, high school, and college courses. Study.com is also the premiere resource for test preparation for exams such as the SAT, ACT, and AP exams as well as standard school exams. By watching short and engaging videos, students are now able to prepare better and faster for their exams and can test their knowledge of concepts with quizzes.