Students who wish to attend college in or near Ashburn, VA, have options ranging from a community college to several well-regarded private and public universities. See how the schools compare to one another based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Ashburn, Virginia
Students wishing to attend school as close to Ashburn as possible have almost entirely private institutions to choose from. Several of the closest schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Strayer University-Loudoun Campus (located downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Chantilly (10.3 miles from downtown)
- University of the Potomac-VA Campus (14.3 miles from downtown)
- George Mason University (15.9 miles from downtown)
- Stratford University (15.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Ashburn, Virginia
The largest schools near Ashburn are primarily 4-year schools, except the largest school is a 2-year community college. Overall, the Ashburn area offers a wide range of student population sizes, from less than 100 students to more than 10,000 students.
- Northern Virginia Community College (52,078 students)
- George Mason University (33,929 students)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6,473 students)
- Marymount University (3,363 students)
- Stratford University (3,303 students)
Lowest Net Price
For postsecondary institutions, net price is determined by taking the total estimated cost of attendance for a school and subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergrad students in the form of grants and scholarships, both institutional and federal. In the Ashburn area, net prices at non-specialty, public and private colleges and universities range from just under $9,000 to about $25,600 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Northern Virginia Community College ($8,965)
- Columbia College ($9,793)
- University of Management and Technology ($12,801)
- Argosy University-Washington DC ($14,471)
- George Mason University ($17,316)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate, as calculated by the NCES, represents the percentage of full-time, undergraduate students that graduated within 150% of the time expected for program completion. In the Ashburn area, overall graduation rates range up to 99% at all institutions (including specialty schools), according to the NCES for 2015.
- George Mason University (69% graduation rate)
- Columbia College (62% graduation rate)
- Marymount University (50% graduation rate)
- Stratford University (40% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (39% graduation rate)
There are plenty of traditional public and private schools near Ashburn, Virginia to give students a wide range of graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations to choose from to best suit their needs.