Aspiring college students residing in and around Auburndale, FL, have a few postsecondary options to choose from; however, this article is only concerned with the traditional colleges and universities in the area, all of which are operated on a public or private basis. To help students make an informed academic decision, these schools are categorized using information obtained from the National Center of Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Auburndale, Florida
Auburndale, Florida, is close to a number of colleges and universities in Lakeland and Winter Haven. Students wishing to be close to home or work can find options in the area. Following are two public and three private schools relatively close to Auburndale.
- Polk State College (5.2 miles)
- Ridge Career Center (5.2 miles)
- Everest University - Lakeland (8.8 miles)
- Florida Southern College (8.8 miles)
- Southeastern University (8.8 miles)
Largest Schools Near Auburndale, Florida
Larger schools have a variety of benefits including student diversity and program offerings. The student population ranges from 732 students to 11,060 students at the largest schools in the area, according to NCES.
- Polk State College (11,060)
- Southeastern University (3,834)
- Florida Southern College (2,670)
- Traviss Career Center (1,115)
- Webber International University (732)
Lowest Net Price
In order to determine the average net price for a school, the NCES calculates the difference between the amount of average financial aid a student receives from the state, institution or federal government and the total cost of attendance, including books, tuition and supplies. Typically, two-year schools have the lowest net cost; however students sometimes encounter four-year schools with low net costs. According to the NCES for 2014-2015, the following schools had lower net costs for schools within 25 miles of Auburndale.
- Traviss Career Center ($6,381)
- Polk State College ($8,915)
- Florida Polytechnic University ($15,261)
- Ridge Career Center ($20,669)
- Southeastern University ($21,342)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines a school's overall graduation by analyzing the number of students who completed their studies within 150% of 'normal time'. For example, if a bachelor's degree program 'normally' takes four-years to complete, the overall graduation rate reflects the number of students who graduated in six years. The following schools near Auburndale had some of the higher graduation rates in the area, according to 2014 NCES data. Two of the institutions -- Florida Southern College and Southeastern University -- offer both undergraduate and graduate degree options.
- Ridge Career Center (97%)
- Traviss Career Center (86%)
- Florida Southern College (57%)
- Everest University - Lakeland (45%)
- Southeastern University (39%)
You can find the right Auburndale-area school that offers undergraduate and/or advanced programs by weighing the specific criteria, such as net price and graduation rate, from NCES to help you make a great decision that suits your needs.