Students who want to study in the large Denver suburb of Aurora will find a range of traditional colleges to choose from. To choose one of these colleges, it can be helpful to consider data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Aurora, Colorado
Aurora is located in the Denver metro area, which offers a variety of educational options. Check out some of the following schools if proximity to Aurora is an important consideration for you.
- Johnson & Wales University - Denver (located 2.8 miles from city center)
- Everest College - Denver (located 3.1 miles from city center)
- Community College of Aurora (located 3.7 miles from city center)
- Pickens Technical College (located 3.7 miles from city center)
- Argosy University - Denver (located 4.3 miles from city center)
Largest Schools Near Aurora, Colorado
For some students, school size is an important consideration. Large schools provide students with the chance to interact with people from many different backgrounds. There are a large colleges and universities near Aurora as of 2014.
- University of Colorado (22,791)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (21,674 students)
- Front Range Community College (18,761 students)
- University of Denver (11,809 students)
- Arapahoe Community College (10,401 students)
Lowest Net Price
College affordability is an important consideration for many students. A school's average net price can be calculated by subtracting the average amount of financial aid students receive from the total cost of attendance. The following five schools were ranked by the NCES as having the lowest net prices in the Aurora area for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Red Rocks Community College ($7,201 per year)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver ($8,416 per year)
- Community College of Denver ($8,634 per year)
- Front Range Community College ($8,788 per year)
- Pickens Technical College ($8,881 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES defines a school's graduation rate as the percentage of students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time. The following five Aurora area schools have the highest graduation rates as of 2014.
- Pickens Technical College (79%)
- Colorado School of Mines (77%)
- University of Denver (77%)
- Regis University (73%)
- Johnson and Wales University (52%)
Overall, by comparing school location, student population size, net price, and graduation rate, you can make an informed decision about getting an education in the Aurora area.