Are you interested in attending a college or university near Avondale, Arizona? Looking at data from the National Center of Education Statistics (NCES) may help you decide if one of the schools in the area is right for you.
Closest Schools to Avondale, Arizona
While the options in Avondale itself are limited, there are many institutions in the nearby cities of Phoenix and Tempe. If you're looking for a short commute from Avondale, you may want to consider the following institutions.
- Estrella Mountain Community College (0.0 miles)
- Glendale Community College (13.7 miles)
- Trine University-Arizona Regional Campus (13.9 miles)
- Grand Canyon University (14.0 miles)
- Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix (16.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Avondale, Arizona
Students who want to attend large universities near Avondale, Arizona have several options. The five schools in the area with the largest student populations all had over twenty thousand students.
- University of Phoenix-Arizona (95,777 students)
- Grand Canyon University (90,253 students)
- Arizona State University-Tempe (51,585 students)
- Arizona State University-Skysong (38,540 students)
- Rio Salado College (18,304 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student to determine a school's net price. As of the 2018-2019 school year, these Avondale-area schools had the lowest net prices.
- South Mountain Community College ($8,791 per year)
- Rio Salado College ($8,897 per year)
- Phoenix College ($8,980 per year)
- Glendale Community College ($9,014 per year)
- Estrella Mountain Community College ($9,030 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate can be an indicator of the academic quality of a college or university. In order to calculate a school's graduation rate, the NCES determines the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of the normal time. Here are the five schools near Avondale with the highest graduation, based on data from students who finished in 2019.
- Arizona State University-Tempe (63%)
- Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix (58%)
- Arizona Christian University (50%)
- Arizona State University-West (48%)
- Grand Canyon University (41%)
Overall, if you're looking for a school in the Avondale area, it can help to look at NCES figures on location, student population size, net price, and graduation rate.