Are you interested in attending a college or university near Avondale, Arizona? Looking at data from the National Center of Education Statistics (NCES) may help you decide if one of the schools in the area is right for you.
Closest Schools to Avondale, Arizona
While the options in Avondale itself are limited, there are many institutions in the nearby cities of Phoenix and Tempe. If you're looking for a short commute from Avondale, you may want to consider the following institutions.
- Estrella Mountain Community College (0.0 miles)
- Glendale Community College (13.7 miles)
- Trine University-Arizona Regional Campus (13.9 miles)
- Grand Canyon University (14.0 miles)
- Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix (16.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Avondale, Arizona
Students who want to attend large universities near Avondale, Arizona have several options. The five schools in the area with the largest student populations all had over twenty thousand students.
- University of Phoenix-Arizona (165,743 students)
- Grand Canyon University (69,444 students)
- Arizona State University-Tempe (51,984 students)
- Rio Salado College (20,533 students)
- Arizona State University-Skysong (20,273 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student to determine a school's net price. As of the 2014-2015 school year, these Avondale-area schools had the lowest net prices, all around $7,000 per year.
- Rio Salado College ($7,006 per year)
- Glendale Community College ($7,034 per year)
- South Mountain Community College ($7,191 per year)
- Estrella Mountain Community College ($7,214 per year)
- Phoenix College ($7,299 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate can be an indicator of the academic quality of a college or university. In order to calculate a school's graduation rate, the NCES determines the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of the normal time. Here are the five schools near Avondale with the highest graduation, based on data from students who finished in 2015.
- Arizona State University-West (71%)
- Arizona State University-Tempe (66%)
- Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix (64%)
- Arizona Christian University (38%)
- Grand Canyon University (34%)
Overall, if you're looking for a school in the Avondale area, it can help to look at NCES figures on location, student population size, net price, and graduation rate.