We examine traditional postsecondary schools in the Baldwin City, KS, area that have a variety of program offerings. Using information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we compare and contrast the schools in four different categories.
Closest Schools to Baldwin City, Kansas
The closest schools to Baldwin City are almost entirely private schools, besides two public institutions. The majority of schools are 4-year institutions, but there are a few 2-year (or less) schools available.
- Baker University (located downtown)
- Haskell Indian Nations University (12.1 miles from downtown)
- Ottawa University-Ottawa (12.2 miles from downtown)
- University of Kansas (13.2 miles from downtown)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (22.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Baldwin City, Kansas
The schools near Baldwin City range in size from 43 students to 27,180 students. This gives potential students schools of various sizes to choose from. Most of the larger institutions offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- University of Kansas (27,180 students)
- Baker University (2,957 students)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (1,870 students)
- Haskell Indian Nations University (808 students)
- Ottawa University-Ottawa (618 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price is calculated by the NCES by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergrad students receive from the total amount to attend a school. Unfortunately, most of the schools in the Baldwin City, Kansas area had a net price greater than $10,000 for 2014-2015.
- Haskell Indian Nations University ($3,736)
- University of Kansas ($18,485)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University ($19,143)
- Ottawa University-Ottawa ($20,094)
- Baker University ($20,294)
Highest Graduation Rate
The graduation rates reported by the NCES are determined by calculating the number of first time, full-time students who began their degree program in 2009 and completed it within 150% of the normal time it takes to graduate. For 2015, most graduation rates in the area were 60% or below.
- University of Kansas (61% graduation rate)
- Baker University (60% graduation rate)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (55% graduation rate)
- Ottawa University-Ottawa (47% graduation rate)
- Haskell Indian Nations University (23% graduation rate)
There are five traditional institutions in the Baldwin City, KS, area that provide some variation in location, size, price, and graduation rates for students.