This article profiles schools in the area of Baltimore County, MD, based on information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). Universities, two-year colleges, and more are discussed based upon NCES stats regarding proximity of schools to Baltimore County, price of schools, student size of the schools, and the institution's graduation rate.
Schools Closest to Baltimore County
Baltimore County offers four convenient nearby universities. A four-year private college also rests within the heart of the county.
- Goucher College (Baltimore)
- Towson University (Towson)
- Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore)
- Notre Dame of Maryland University (Baltimore)
- Stevenson University (Stevenson)
Largest Schools Near Baltimore County
Three universities make the list of schools with the largest student populations. High student numbers can also be found at two community colleges. Of the schools listed below, three are less than 10 miles from Baltimore County's Towson.
- Johns Hopkins University (22,686 students)
- Towson University (22,284 students)
- The Community College of Baltimore County (22,179 students)
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County (13,839 students)
- Howard Community College (9,682 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES offers school-specific undergraduate tuition details that factor in fees and textbook costs and average financial aid packages. For full-time undergraduate students, the following schools offered the lowest net price. Tuition information is based on the 2014-2015 school year.
- Hartford Community College ($3,224)
- Carroll Community College ($5,022)
- Baltimore City Community College ($5,951)
- Howard Community College ($7,239)
- The Community College of Baltimore ($8,376)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rates provided by the NCES assess the percentage of undergrad full-time students who finish programs within 150 percent of a normal time period (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree). The following data accounts for the 2014-2015 year.
- Johns Hopkins University (94% graduation rate)
- Loyola University Maryland (81% graduation rate)
- Towson University (70% graduation rate)
- McDaniel College (70% graduation rate)
- Goucher College (69% graduation rate)
Baltimore County in Maryland affords college and university applicants a host of options whether students' main interests focus on distance, price, size, or graduation prospects.