Students looking to earn a degree or certificate have only one school option in Barranquitas, PR, but there many non-specialty institutions, including two-year technical schools and four-year universities, located in nearby communities. To help students explore their options, we'll highlight a few of these schools and compare them in categories using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
The closet schools to Barranquitas are within 13 miles of the downtown area. These institutions include one public university and four private non-profit institutions.
- Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Barranquitas (located downtown)
- University of Puerto Rico-Cayey (10.8 miles from downtown)
- American University of Puerto Rico (12.9 miles from downtown)
- Caribbean University-Bayamon (12.9 miles from downtown)
- Dewey University-Bayamon (12.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
Whether you are looking for greater networking opportunities or extracurricular activities to boost your resume or academic vitae, going to a larger school has some perks. If this is important to you, here are the five largest schools near Barranquitas according to 2015 NCES records.
- Universidad Del Turabo (17,509 enrolled students)
- University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras (16,454 enrolled students)
- Universidad Metropolitana (13,919 enrolled students)
- Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Metro (9,110 enrolled students)
- Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Ponce (5,497 enrolled students)
Lowest Net Price
It doesn't take long for college students to realize that expenses add up quickly: tuition, room and board, fees and textbooks are among the major costs of attending school. According to 2014-2015 data, the following universities have the most reasonable undergraduate net prices of those compared. The NCES calculates net price for full time undergraduate students by subtracting average financial aid per student from average total expenses.
- Colegio Universitario de San Juan ($1,444)
- Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama ($1,549)
- Caribbean University-Bayamon ($2,399)
- University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras ($3,083)
- Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Manati ($3,203)
Highest Graduation Rate
Based on full-time undergrads who began their bachelor's degree in fall 2009 or two-year degree in 2012, and completed them within 150% of normal time, the graduation rate stats from the NCES provide an idea of colleges' effectiveness from an academic standpoint. These five schools have the highest 2015 graduation rates of the compared institutions.
- Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Manati (72% graduation rate)
- Dewey University-Hato Rey (72% graduation rate)
- Dewey University-Arroyo (69% graduation rate)
- Dewey University-Fajardo (68% graduation rate)
- Universidad Central Del Caribe (63% graduation rate)
To help you make an informed decision about where you want to attend school, we have reviewed a few of the institutions close to Barranquitas, PR, that have the largest student populations, lowest net prices and highest graduation rates.