Many postsecondary institutions located near Beaverton, OR, include national for-profit universities, art schools, healthcare training centers, community colleges and more. For the benefit of Beaverton-area students intrigued by the traditional college experience, this article focuses solely on comparing traditional institutions from information gathered by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Beaverton, Oregon
The closest schools to Beaverton, OR, are private institutions. Several of these schools offer graduate degree programs as well as undergraduate programs.
- University of Phoenix-Oregon (3.6 miles from downtown)
- Lewis & Clark College (5.3 miles from downtown)
- Portland Community College (5.3 miles from downtown)
- Portland State University (5.5 miles from downtown)
- University of Portland (7.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Beaverton, Oregon
The largest schools near Beaverton include several community colleges. Most of the larger schools in the area are 4-year institutions, but the few larger 2-year community colleges boast over 7,000 students.
- Portland Community College (30,929 students)
- Portland State University (27,696 students)
- Mt Hood Community College (9,276 students)
- Concordia University-Portland (7,435 students)
- Clackamas Community College (7,302 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES subtracts the amount of financial aid the average full-time, in-state undergraduate student receives from the total cost of attendance to find the net price. Net prices for the traditional schools in the Beaverton region range from just over $5,000 to more than $19,000. The following net price figures calculated by the NCES were for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Clackamas Community College ($5,227)
- Mt Hood Community College ($7,424)
- Portland Community College ($8,754)
- Portland State University ($13,476)
- Reed College ($19,192)
Highest Graduation Rate
The traditional schools near Beaverton with the highest graduation rates all had figures above 70% or at, according to the NCES figures from 2009. The NCES overall graduation rates below represent the percentage of full-time undergrad students who graduated from their programs within 150% of the program's standard time (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree).
- Reed College (82% graduation rate)
- University of Portland (78% graduation rate)
- Lewis & Clark College (72% graduation rate)
- Pacific University (71% graduation rate)
- George Fox University (70% graduation rate)
The Beaverton, OR, area provides a variety of public and private schools with a range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates to appeal to students' needs.