Students interested in schools near Beltsville, Maryland, have numerous options. Comparing the colleges and universities in the area with the help of statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) can help students make an informed decision about their education.
Closest Schools to Beltsville, Maryland
Close proximity to Beltsville may be important to some students. The five closest schools to Beltsville are within 10 miles of downtown. Four of these schools are 4-year universities and one is a 2-year college. Take a look at these schools located close to Beltsville:
- Capitol Technology University (4.1 miles from downtown)
- University of Maryland-College Park (4.3 miles from downtown)
- University of Maryland-University College (4.9 miles from downtown)
- Washington Adventist University (6.7 miles from downtown)
- Bowie State University (9.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Beltsville, Maryland
The size of a school can be something to consider when choosing a college or university. The five largest schools near Beltsville are all public colleges and universities. The largest school has about 50,000 students and the smallest of the five has almost 14,000. The following are the schools with the largest student population in the area:
- University of Maryland-University College (50,248 students)
- University of Maryland-College Park (38,140 students)
- Montgomery College (25,320 students)
- Anne Arundel Community College (14,689 students)
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County (13,839 students)
Lowest Net Price
Paying for college is something that most students are concerned about. It is important to consider the cost when selecting a school. The schools listed use a net price to compare the cost of colleges and universities for full-time undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 school year. The schools with the lowest net price are all public colleges and universities. The four schools with the lowest net price are all 2-year colleges.
- Baltimore City Community College ($5,951)
- Howard Community College ($7,239)
- Montgomery College ($7,729)
- Prince George's Community College ($7,986)
- Coppin State University ($9,043)
Highest Graduation Rate
The graduation rate for the colleges and universities near Beltsville is calculated using the number of undergraduate students who complete their degree program within 150% of the normal time it takes as of 2015. Four out of the five of the schools with the highest graduation rate are 4-year schools.
- University of Maryland-College Park (86% graduation rate)
- St John's College (71% graduation rate)
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County (63% graduation rate)
- Brightwood College-Baltimore (63% graduation rate)
- Bowie State University (41% graduation rate)
Comparing location, size, cost, and graduation rate of colleges and universities in the area can help students decide on what school would best fit their needs.