Prospective students looking to study near Bend, Oregon have only one non-specialty option: Oregon State University-Cascades Campus.
Oregon State University-Cascades Campus
Oregon State University-Cascades is a public, four-year university located in Bend, Oregon. It is the only branch campus of OSU and the only major university in Deschutes County.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
At Oregon State University-Cascades, students can earn a bachelor's degree, a master's degree, or an accounting certificate. The school also has a partnership with Central Oregon Community and OSU's main campus so if you can't find what you're looking for on-campus, you can take lower-division courses through COCC or upper-division courses through OSU in Corvallis. Here are the programs available at OSU-Cascades:
- Undergraduate Majors
- American Studies
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Hospitality Management
- Human Development and Family Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Natural Resources
- Social Science
- Tourism and Outdoor Leadership
- Graduate Programs
- Business Administration (Executive Leadership)
- Creative Writing
Tuition and Fees
For many students, affordability plays a major role in the college decision. Based on data from the 2015-2016 academic year, the NCES reported the following costs for students at Oregon State University-Cascades.
- Costs for Undergraduate Students
- In-state tuition and fees: $8,790 per year
- Out-of-state tuition and fees: $27,855 per year
- Books and Supplies: $1,950 per year
- Costs for Graduate Students
- In-state tuition: $12,150 per year
- Out-of-state tuition $20,952 per year
- Student fees: $660 per year
According to the NCES, there are 1,016 students at Oregon State University-Cascades. Of these, 857 are undergraduates and 159 are graduate students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 11-to-1, and the average class has only 17 students. At such a small school, you will have the chance to work closely with your fellow students and experience personal mentoring from professors.
As of Fall 2015, the acceptance rate at Oregon State University-Cascades was 73 percent. When you apply, you will need to submit a secondary school transcript, GPA, and SAT or ACT test scores. If you've taken AP classes or dual credit courses in the past, OSU will count those credits toward your degree.
In conclusion, students who want to go to a non-specialty school in Bend, Oregon, can consider OSU-Cascades.