Students in the Bentonville, AR, area have several options when looking for higher education. To help students make an informed choice, we cite the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare and contrast the traditional schools in the area.
Closest Schools to Bentonville, Arkansas
The majority of the closest schools to Bentonville are less than 2-year institutions. Although NorthWest Arkansas Community College is the only school located downtown, you only have to go 10-20 miles to reach several other good choices.
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College (located downtown)
- Bryan University (10.9 miles from downtown)
- Ecclesia College (13.4 miles from downtown)
- Northwest Technical Institute (14.1 miles from downtown)
- University of Arkansas (21.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Bentonville, Arkansas
There are not too many schools near Bentonville that have student populations greater than 1,000 students. The larger schools are primarily public institutions, but there are some private options.
- University of Arkansas (27,778 students)
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College (7,979 students)
- John Brown University (2,516 students)
- Ecclesia College (218 students)
- Northwest Technical Institute (237 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost to attend the school. Overall, the schools near Bentonville (including specialty schools) cost between about $6,500-$21,000 for 2018-2019.
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College ($6,578)
- Northwest Technical Institute ($6,404)
- University of Arkansas ($16,263)
- Ecclesia College ($18,695)
- Bryan University ($18,087)
Highest Graduation Rates
Most schools near Bentonville had graduation rates of 40% or higher for 2019. The NCES calculates overall graduation rates by identifying the number of beginning, full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal amount of time (e.g. 6 years for a bachelor's degree).
- University of Arkansas (66% graduation rate)
- John Brown University (72% graduation rate)
- Northwest Technical Institute (66% graduation rate)
- Bryan University (78% graduation rate)
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College (24% graduation rate)
Even with limited options of traditional schools, the Bentonville, Arkansas, area offers public and private institutions that give students a choice in location, size, price, and graduation rates.