Interested about studying in Bergen County, NJ? Here you will find information on the largest schools by number of students, the lowest net price and the highest graduation rates, according to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Schools in Bergen County, NJ
Located within Bergen County, Bergen Community College, Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU), Ramapo College and Felician University are schools offering undergraduate programs worth considering. FDU, Ramapo and Felician also boast graduate school programs.
- Bergen Community College (located in Paramus)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus (located in Teaneck)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (located in Mahwah)
- Felician University (located in Lodi)
Largest Schools in Bergen County, NJ
If a large student body is of importance, then prospective students can use the enrollment statistic as a point of comparison. The following three colleges had the highest undergraduate enrollment among compared Bergen County schools. Figures are taken from the NCES and reflect the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Bergen Community College (14,585 total enrollment)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus (8,652 total enrollment)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (6,026 total enrollment)
- Felician University (1,957 total enrollment)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES is a source for a variety of facts about schools, including a net price figure that takes total average cost of undergraduate attendance minus the average amount of financial aid awarded. The NCES net price figures for the 2014-15 academic year show that the following three schools were among the most affordable in Bergen County for full-time undergraduate students.
- Bergen Community College ($6,187 for academic year)
- Felician University ($16,055 for academic year)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey ($16,800 for academic year)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus ($16,929 for academic year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Success in terms of graduation rates is reported for U.S. colleges by the NCES. The statistic is calculated by tracking the number of students who begin a full-time undergraduate program and complete it within 150% of the normal time (e.g., six years or less for a bachelor's degree). The following three schools top the list for this benchmark.
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (74% graduation rate)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus (49% graduation rate)
- Felician University (39% graduation rate)
- Bergen Community College (20% graduation rate)
Prospective college students from in and around Bergen County have several school options in the county to complete their degree-granting programs.