This degree plan is an example of the courses you'll take as you use Study.com to earn your Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Thomas Edison State University through the Mountain View Working Scholars program.
Degree Plan Overview
The degree plan is designed for students who have not previously earned any college credit. If you have any prior college credit, it will be applied to your degree plan and allow you to take fewer courses.
Your success coach will help you create a personal degree plan based on your goals and your previous college credit. Your personal degree plan may contain fewer or different courses from the ones listed below.
Study.com will provide all of these courses at no cost to students in Mountain View Working Scholars. The courses are fully online and can be completed on your own schedule.
All Study.com courses lead to 3 college credits. Each course has a proctored final exam that is a large component of your overall course grade. You can take up to two proctored final exams per month with your Study.com license. These courses are accepted as transfer credit at Thomas Edison State University.
- Accounting 102: Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting
- Accounting 302: Advanced Accounting
- Business 101: Principles of Management
- Business 102: Principles of Marketing
- Business 103: Introductory Business Law
- Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications
- Business 108: Business Ethics
- Business 111: Principles of Supervision
- Business 308: Globalization & International Management
- Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising
- Business 311: Project Management
- Communications 101: Public Speaking
- Economics 102: Macroeconomics
- English 305: Advanced Technical Writing
- Environmental Science 101: Environment and Humanity
- Finance 101: Principles of Finance
- Geology 101: Physical Geology
- History 102: Western Civilization II
- History 104: US History II
- History 106: The Civil War and Reconstruction
- History 108: History of the Vietnam War
- Math 101: College Algebra
- Math 107: Quantitative Literacy
- Political Science 102: American Government
- Psychology 101: Intro to Psychology
- Psychology 104: Social Psychology
- Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology
- Religion 101: Intro to World Religions
- Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
Thomas Edison State University Courses
The following requirements will be completed through Thomas Edison State University. We will encourage you to take Thomas Edison's credit-granting exams, called TECEPs. TECEPs cost only $75-225 per exam (compared with $1,497 for a standard course). Students can study for their TECEP exams on Study.com and then take the exam online through Thomas Edison State University. Students can use their Study.com licenses for unlimited access to study materials for their exams.
- English Composition I TECEP
- English Composition II TECEP
- Financial Accounting TECEP
- Financial Institutions and Markets TECEP
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management TECEP
- Marketing Communications TECEP
- Microeconomics TECEP
- Managerial Communications TECEP
- Operations Management TECEP
The final course needed for graduation is the capstone course. For the bachelor's degree in business this course is Strategic Management. This course is 3 credits and costs $1,497 for students living in California.
Learn More About Mountain View Working Scholars
Study.com's Mountain View Working Scholars is a scholarship program designed for anyone living or working in Mountain View to earn a bachelor's degree with all of the costs covered. You can learn more about the program or sign up by clicking here.