Applying to colleges can be an overwhelming process. This free video resource can show you the different paths to earning a college degree and the types of colleges you should apply to.
Applying to College: The Most Important Things You Need to Know
It's college application season. College seniors need to decide where to apply and get going on those applications. Did you know there are more ways to earn a degree than by attending a traditional four-year university? This free 6-minute video will walk you through some alternative pathways (and how they can save you on the cost of college) as well as the five types of college you should apply to.
Researching Schools and Majors
If you're not sure which colleges you want to apply to, you can research schools through Study.com. Click here to browse schools by state. You can also research majors here and learn more about what your degree options are based on the subject you're interested in and the types of classes you'll take.
Applying to Colleges
The below list of resources can give you more insight and tips about the college application process.
- How to Navigate the College Application Process
- Tips for Crafting a Strong College Application
- Choosing References for College Admissions
Paying for College
Earning a college degree is a significant financial investment. These resources can help you cut your costs by exploring alternative credit and helping you with FAFSA and scholarships.
- How Alternative Credit Works
- How to Find Scholarships for College
- FAFSA Tips: How to Apply for Financial Aid
Preparing for the SAT
Taking the SAT is an important part of the college application process. You can find answers to common questions about taking the test, tips on how to do well on it and a study resource below.
- What is the SAT? - History, Changes & Importance
- Tips for Maximum Performance on the SAT
- What Are Good SAT Scores?
- SAT Prep: Practice & Study Guide