The following pertains to institutions located around Bloomington, Minnesota. Discover net costs, school sizes, and graduation rates, with data culled from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Bloomington, Minnesota
Within a 10-mile radius of Bloomington, Minnesota, you will find at least five schools offering post-secondary programs. Two are less than four miles away from downtown. For those looking to take a program in or near the city, investigate further into these schools:
- Normandale Community College (located 1.9 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University - Twin Cities (located 6.4 miles from downtown)
- North Central University (located 8.7 miles from downtown)
- Macalester College (located 8.7 miles from downtown)
- St. Catherine College (located 8.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Bloomington, Minnesota
Four of the most populous schools in the area are less than 10 miles from downtown. Of them, three are universities. The student population of these schools ranges from at least 9,500 to approximately 52,200 students.
- Walden University (52,188 students; 8,960 undergraduates)
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (51,147 students; 34,351 undergraduates)
- Capella University (35,061 students; 8,750 undergraduates)
- University of St Thomas (10,140 students; 6,148 undergraduates)
- Normandale Community College (9,539 students, all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
The lowest net prices are found at colleges near Bloomington, Minnesota. The five lowest costs were below $12,000 for 2014-2015. The NCES calculates these amounts by finding the difference between the total program cost and the average financial aid given to full-time undergraduates.
- Century College ($8,184)
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Dakota County Technical College ($11,678)
Highest Graduation Rates
Four universities and one college had the highest graduation rates near Bloomington in 2015. They are located within a 14-mile radius of the downtown area. The NCES bases these percentages on the total amount of full-time undergraduate students who graduate within 150% of the typical time frame.
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Bethel University (74% graduation rate)
- University of Northwestern - St Paul (66% graduation rate)
If you are looking for institutions with many students, robust graduation rates, or ones with low net prices, there are numerous options around Bloomington, Minnesota.